Joel Osteen's Wife On TV

mrell32

FWIW:

(12/19/05 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A dispute that involved the wife of Houston's most famous pastor, Joel Osteen, and a Continental Airlines flight attendant ended up delaying a flight for hours Monday. And now, Victoria Osteen's actions on that flight are in the spotlight.

"She violently ran towards the cockpit, scaring everyone around her," said passenger Knicky Van Slyke. "Everyone was terrified about what was going on. And a bunch of flight attendants ran up and had to restrain her. She was banging on the door."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=3741989

Don't know if it's part of the real story, or the Olsteen Spin Police putting out their version, but a friend sent me an article that said the altercation started over some spilled liquid on her seat that she asked a flight attendant to wipe up. The flight attendant claimed she cleaned it up but Victoria was apparently not satisfied.

The same article also hinted that the Olsteens had called the FBI and reported the flight attendant involved but the FBI declined to get involved.

There's definitely a good story here. Hopefully someone can find out what really happened.

Well that is the craziest thing I have heard from Mrs. Olsteen. I don't even know if the story is told right. Other than that, she is actually on my good list. For a television preacher, she and her husband seem pretty down to earth and are very real. They are hardly the critical judgemental evangelist type and to be honest, that is what I expect from some individuals of their status, but I have found nothing to complain about yet.

Wife of Joel Osteen Asked to Leave Plane By PAM EASTON, Associated Press Writer

Tue Dec 20,10:54 PM ET

HOUSTON - The wife of the pastor of the nation's largest church was asked to leave a plane after she failed to comply with a flight attendant's instructions, the FBI said Tuesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051221/ap_on_...ife_disturbance

From the DMN:

No. 9 Texan of the Year:

Joel Osteen

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.1027a0be.html

Mr. Osteen's version of the faith eschews traditional Christianity, pitching an optimistic gospel of self-improvement. A popular TV figure, he stands apart from old-line televangelists by not appealing for money and avoiding hot-button issues. Though criticized for downplaying sin and repentance, and for a simplistic message to a self-involved flock, Mr. Osteen wins converts through plain-spokenness and relevance of his teachings. And whatever the theological complaints, no one has accused the pastor of financial or moral impropriety (and you can't blame him for his wife's diva-like behavior this week that got the Osteen family booted off a flight to Vail).

12-22-2005.NED_22joel.G2J1P87J4.1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that after the Osteens were booted off the plane, the chairman of Continental paid for a charter flight for them to Colorado. I could see it happen, because after all he certainly wouldn't want them to be late for the slopes, but it doesn't seem a great use of shareholder money.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived