Kim Hung Market 1005 St. Emanuel St.

• The title was changed to Kim Hung Market 1005 St. Emanuel St.
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
42 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

I was about to post this! While I'm excited marketing materials have been updated, that's as far as my excitement goes for now.

The owner has teased us for years with proposed renderings. Nothing has happened. I realize there are lots of things that affect development plans, bur still. 

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

42 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

As mentioned a few posts above, there are new marketing materials for 1005 St. Emanuel St. This is the site of Kim Huang Market.

Based on the latest leasing brochure, the proposed commercial development could be named EaDo Center.

Other details from the brochure:

• Available spaces:

• First floor: 9,808 sf
    • Second floor: 11,806 sf
    • Third floor: 6,254 sf

• Parking:
    • 153 parking spaces

J Hunter Properties is marketing the proposed commercial development.

PVsJMda.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urbannizer said:

Below are additional conceptual drawings of what may become of the former Kim Hung Market in Houston's East Downtown. It's noted in the leasing brochure the images are schematic drawings.

The building located at 1005 St Emanuel St could likely be an adaptive reuse project. Marketing materials list the site as EaDo Center. It's possible that could be the name of whatever commercial development is possibly planned for this property.

Some of the businesses shown in the conceptual renderings could be depicted for marketing purposes. It's not necessarily what may open here. To that point, here are the businesses depicted in the renderings:

• Manpuku (a Yakiniku / Japanese BBQ restaurant)

• Wabi House (a Japanese restaurant centered on "ramen and izakaya-style Japanese dishes)

• Hide / Hide Bar (restaurant and bar)

• The Salty / The Salty Donut (an artisanal donut shop)

• Toasted / Toasted Coffee + Kitchen (an all-day cafe and bar)

• River Pig Saloon (bar & grill)

• Shoyo (a Japanese restaurant centered on sushi omakase) 

RsJk8Hi.jpeg

vZhuJpY.jpeg

3DEU4ot.jpeg

xLC24iL.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

First floor site plan for the proposed adaptive reuse development at 1005 St Emanuel St. The development is being marketed as EaDo Center.

First floor site plan

• Suite A - 3,291 sf
  • Suite B - 3, 226 sf
  • Suite C - 3,291 sf

Level 1 parking garage

• Approximately 40 parking spaces

l0P5QjM.jpeg

Second floor site plan for the proposed adaptive reuse development at 1005 St Emanuel St. The development is being marketed as EaDo Center.

Second floor site plan

• Suite D - 3,705 sf
  • Suite E - 4,010 sf
  • Suite F - 4,091 sf

Level 2 parking garage

• Approximately 51 parking spaces

FKRgelv.jpeg

Third floor site plan for the proposed adaptive reuse development at 1005 St Emanuel St. The development is being marketed as EaDo Center.

Third floor site plan

• Suite G - 3,409 sf
  • Suite H - 2,845 sf

Level 3 parking garage

• Approximately 54 parking spaces

tqrGUL2.jpeg

Based on this they plan to build the garage facing st Emanuel, which is fine but hopefully there is something on that side as well other than just garage … 

Doesn’t appear to be based on the renderings, but maybe they’ll alter the plans  

Looks like all the concepts are currently facing Hutchins? 

Edited by Sanjorade
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

Love parking garages with big, front-facing surface parking lots. 

Need the parking lot for the customers.  The parking garage?  It's been my observation that downtown area parking garages are mostly used by suburban teens to drink beer, smoke pot, and make more Texans.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:59 PM, editor said:

Need the parking lot for the customers.  The parking garage?  It's been my observation that downtown area parking garages are mostly used by suburban teens to drink beer, smoke pot, and make more Texans.

don't forget they're also good for some high speed downhill on whatever wheeled contrivance you prefer.

not that I ever participated in any dangerous events in my youth.

and more Texans are good, so long as they grow up to be contributing members to the social security pyramid scheme.

• Haha 3

xLC24iL.jpeg

Edited Wednesday at 01:07 AM by IntheKnowHouston

Let's see... two Bentleys, a Land Rover, three Porsches, something low and Italian, and no Audis.  Eado's long vacant building rehabs are getting pretty upscale. 🥷

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, mollusk said:

xLC24iL.jpeg

Edited Wednesday at 01:07 AM by IntheKnowHouston

Let's see... two Bentleys, a Land Rover, three Porsches, something low and Italian, and no Audis.  Eado's long vacant building rehabs are getting pretty upscale. 🥷

Don't forget the lambo Urus and the Aston.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, mollusk said:

Let's see... two Bentleys, a Land Rover, three Porsches, something low and Italian Swedish that's not a Volvo, and no Audis.  Eado's long vacant building rehabs are getting pretty upscale. 🥷

FTFY - looks like a Koenigsegg CCR/CCX.

• Like 4

On 4/3/2024 at 12:40 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

RsJk8Hi.jpeg

Was this designed before 2019?! There has to be a better use of the land than a parking lot and garage. In addition to the parking garage being built as part of the East Blocks development, there are parking lots galore within 3 blocks of the development at Polk St and Texas Ave., and a 6 block walk just across the freeway in proximity to the convention center. Also, METRO Routes 40 and 41 travel down Polk St and METRORail Green and Purple Lines at Texas Ave.

If building goes as planned, I imagine EaDo Center, East Blocks, and the Astro's Entertainment District will be completed around the same time. If walking 3-6 blocks is a challenge for Houstonians, the different development groups should collaborate with METRO to designate a loop that shuttles visitors between EaDo, East Blocks, the Astros entertainment district, and the Convention Center. This would also be helpful to reduce congestion once the work on the NHHIP begins (I am praying it won't). The economic impact to the area by these three developments should be enough reason to justify the cost for the shuttle.

Designate this as a new business district and call it "EaConDo."