On 6/30/2022 at 8:33 AM, Highrise Tower said:

Project Name: 1615 Building 1

Start Date: 9/1/2022

Completion Date: 7/1/2026

Estimated Cost: $83,000,000

Scope of Work: Renovation to an existing building - new exterior- new roof - new restrooms

Square Footage: 147,713 ft 2

Design Firm Name: Perkins&Will

Seems like a lot of bucks for exterior, roof and restrooms.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 7:34 AM, Paco Jones said:

I was just informed by someone who was bidding some construction scopes of work to Turner Construction for this that the project has suddenly been placed on hold.  What an odd turn of events.

"We have been informed by the Owner that the project has been put on hold until further notice."

The blue screen has been removed from the fence.  The portable generator was also taken.

kfpURHg.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 1615 South Loop West: Life Science Campus Development
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Two updates.

A new Loopnet listing has been created. Looks like now hey are marketing this as industrial space for lease.  I'm sure if there was an offer to buy the land, they would accept as well. Both for sale and lease?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1615-South-Loop-W-Houston-TX/21526507/

ycownie.jpg

Also, the in-vehicle security detail has been removed. There has been someone in a vehicle guarding the property for the past 2 years.  Not anymore! Budget cuts I'd imagine?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Two updates.

A new Loopnet listing has been created. Looks like now hey are marketing this as industrial space for lease.  I'm sure if there was an offer to buy the land, they would accept as well. Both for sale and lease?

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1615-South-Loop-W-Houston-TX/21526507/

ycownie.jpg

Also, the in-vehicle security detail has been removed. There has been someone in a vehicle guarding the property for the past 2 years.  Not anymore! Budget cuts I'd imagine?

Oh man, say goodbye to the copper.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Life Science Campus Development At 1615 South Loop W.
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...