Bike Route for all my pics

hindesky

• 2 weeks later...

Can't post my ride map because I chased a Bike Tag and created a new one for them to find. I think some players are now on HAIF and they would use my map to find the Bike Tag 

This was an easy find one for me to find since I've taken tons of pics at Tim Hootman's Law offices in the past.

xjxn1gV.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3

Got an early start cause I had a Bike Tag to chase, found it. It was at the "Third Ward Castle" with the turrets. Can't post my Strava ride map cause my Bike Tag is up to be found. Got in a beautiful cool day ride of 38 miles.

http://swamplot.com/wichita-st-mystery-house-goes-on-the-market-today-your-first-peek-inside/2011-05-18/

qNDKPgT.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I couldn't resist chasing after a reddit bike/houston Bike Tag after being off the bike for 8 months. I knew exactly were it was because I used to eat there on a somewhat regular basis plus they had music artists I like on Fridays and Saturdays. Goode Company Armadillo Palace on Kirby, got an early start cause the Bike Tag had been up for a few days and was only 2.7 miles away. I figured this was an easy one and should go quickly. My Bike Tag they have to find should also be an easy one since it was a mural by a Houston famous mural artist Nicky Davis. His stuff is easy to look up on the net and his style is easily recognizable. Sure enough after about 6 hours it was found. I took it easy, wore my knee brace but I probably went too far for my first time back on the bike for months. I was fried at the end.

jWNQRlN.jpg

u7VU0hl.jpg

6ijICZU.jpg

• Like 3

Reason for today's ride was to chase a Bike Tag. Had to look for this......609 W. 9th St. in the Heights, brand new house and a very unique fence. 

t5uec7V.jpg

RRkjaCA.jpg

8JiW2Km.jpg

and now they have to find my Bike Tag.....so I can't post my ride map cause it's still up to find.

MbKHdV0.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Umm.... I love the cactus drinking fountain!

I have absolutely no idea where it is. Can't wait to go visit it when someone finds it. 

I got the idea to use the cactus from a post on HAIF. I didn't know about it until I saw the post although I think I've ridden by the area many times. I tend to use new murals that haven't been posted on any mural maps.

• Like 2

We have about 3 new players and the Bike Tags are coming daily if not hourly. I had to chase one in the Heights on W. 15th St. Only reason I know where it is was going to the Dian Street Villas going up just half block away. I was saving it for a future Tag spot. Got an early start to beat the heat and any others who might try and get it. It's at the Fluff Bake Bar.

u3OtF8r.jpg

My Tag is one I rode by during the Heights Scavenger Hunt Spring '21. I've been saving it for the right time. If any of the players do the Scavenger Hunt it will go quickly. It's called "Passing the Torch" it was purchased but the homeowner and shipped to Houston. Couldn't get close cause the dog. But here is a better shot taken during the Scavenger Hunt and an articles about it.

http://www.tattiartconservation.com/projects/2016/10/12/anna-hyatt-huntingtons-passing-the-torch

https://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Torch-Bearers-headed-to-Houston-5100394.php

KBVqOmH.jpg

VdjOiRZ.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...