Bike Route for all my pics

hindesky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shoulder is getting better so I tried a short ride. First thing up is chasing a Bike Tag, I've been letting some very easy ones slip out of my hands cause the shoulder has been hurting. Bike Tag was near the Orange Show and knew where it was so I had to get it before someone else did.

FpbpQp5.jpg 

QUwk6MJ.jpg

• Like 3

I really only intended to go chase a Bike Tag today, my legs were fried from 2 days of riding. Thought it was on the Brays Bayou Bike trail due to the fencing in the Bike Tag. I had figured it being between S.Main and Kirby but there were no old Oak trees and no Bluebonnets to be seen. So I was forced to try going eastbound in an incredible headwind. It ended being in McGregor park. Of course I was right by UH so I had to take some pics on my way back home. Oh, and find a new Bike Tag.

IsNueyg.jpg

u24tCDh.jpg

• Like 2

Left early to chase a Bike Tag, found it and was going to continue riding but it started raining and it was very cool, windy day for mid April so I cut the ride short. Bike Tag I was looking for was located near Lyons and Hwy 59/69.

ykgUVUt.jpg

DIxFboC.jpg

Had to chase a Bike Tag early during my ride but it was a rehash of one I originally did. Riders redoing Tags makes the game too easy.  Someone created a map of all the previous Bike Tag locations to help prevent this. It was at St Thomas University done by Gonzo247 about 2 years ago.

txmfO6z.jpg

CisphL7.jpg

• Like 2

Not sure why my Strava app shut off while at the Fairfield apartment project on Shepherd St. Maybe they are trying to get me to buy the paid version, they constantly bug me about it. Luckily my Apple Watch app was still on and it said 28 miles.

pijm0au.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

Had to find a Bike Tag during the start of my ride but instead of finding a Tag nearby I kept riding hoping some one else didn't beat me to it. They didn't, my Tag is the current one to find. The Bike Tag I had to find, easy one for me, I knew because of the glass wall and the high rise in the background. Their pic didn't show the museum. It's by the "Cloud Column".

h0rDWTF.jpg

b24GzKK.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Probably one of the last few days with some nice cool/dry weather before the fall. No Bike Tag to chase, mine is still the one to find. Some bike rider just posted that he got chased away by a crack head and he had to leave before taking a pic of my Tag. It's not the best part of town.

t7PZETv.jpg

• Like 1

So someone finally found my Bike Tag but they posted it about 11am Sunday. I know where their Tag is but I'm not chasing it this late in the morning. It's by the Galleria area and my legs are fried from all the riding I've done the last few days. This was my Bike Tag that they found, it was across from UH by Cream Burger.

IkzRpMS.jpg

HfEYz7V.jpg

• Like 3

So a couple others riders found the last 2 Bike Tags, both in the Galleria area. Last night someone posted another one more in my network of where I ride. Travis Elementary School in the Heights. Chased it early this morning in my ride. Couldn't get close because it was in the playground area and there were students and teacher using it. Got a long shot of the dinosaur bones. Teacher giving me the evil eye. My Bike Tag is up for finding.

QxGnpgn.jpg

D8noGge.jpg

• Like 1

So I wasn't even up for riding today but some Bike Tag fiends found my Bike Tag early Sat. morning and they posted and found 2 more. From the current Bike Tag I saw, it looked like it was in River Oaks and muscled up the energy to chase it and produced one for them to find. I got lucky and stumbled on it. Can't let the easy ones get away.

AajFwmL.jpg

WtriWsX.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I thought I could get a ride in before the rain started, I was wrong. While in Rice I started getting notices on my iPhone about rain and lightning. The sky was getting very dark and I heard some claps of thunder. Tried to hurry home but made it about 4 blocks from home and it started pouring.

fBLMclq.jpg

My Bike Tag is the one everyone is looking for so I don't have to deal with that. This is the last Tag I had to find. When they posted it they didn't show what's in my pic but the 3 story metal clad building with the red awnings is how I was able to find it. They only built those metal clad buildings in 3 areas, Montrose, Freedman's Town and the West End/Rice Military. Tony's Corner Pocket on W. Dallas.

PQ4KQrP.jpg

pgbOFVw.jpg

• Like 1

My Bike Tag is still up so I don't have to chase a new one. Someone claims they know where it is and will get it tonight.

Hottest ride so far this year, I'm sure it's going to get hotter.

My Bike Tag everyone is looking for.

acmQhvs.jpg

yYxU4Nu.jpg

• Like 1

Just a short ride to chase a Bike Tag that I knew exactly where it was. I took pictures of this mural years ago and am kind of surprised it's still there. The Tag I took is fairly new but at a popular late night restaurant so it might not last long.

wlDqM7h.jpg

ZiwztEQ.jpg

• Like 1