Bike Route for all my pics

hindesky

I was riding the Heights Scavenger Hunt on Saturday. This year they moved it to Memorial weekend and we have 3 days before you have to turn in your findings. So I did 2 pages of it and plan on going back Sunday and Monday to look for more findings. It was tough finding them, sometimes you have to backtrack because you can't find it.

The pic is of one of the things we have to find, clue was "You might see this on the Pink Floyd Animals cover". It's real easy to miss the small things like this.

zd72nZc.jpg

oQhaegf.jpg

• Like 1

So I had to chase a Bike Tag but little did the person know that I have taken hundreds of pictures here at the ION, they made it too easy.  Notice the long trek east bound in 2nd Ward/East End, a super long train was blocking all the streets and it wasn't even moving. Didn't really plan going that way.

k7v5umS.jpg

WM7LjyM.jpg

• Like 1

I had to chase a Bike Tag during the first part of my ride before someone beat me to it. After Googling "bronze statues in Houston" the one I was looking for was one of the last ones on the list. It's at Gragg Park off of S. Wayside and it's of John Glenn the NASA astronaut. Then I head back home a post my Bike Tag and continued my ride.

72Ohdxy.jpg

T4VGvf7.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hindesky said:

There is a new Bike Tag up, I know where it is but I don't want to go to Bellaire to get it on a weekday, too much traffic to deal with in order to get it.

y0VtY2e.jpg

You could drive to Bellaire, take the bike off the rack, ride 30 feet, and take the picture😁.  I don't see how you ride all those miles this time of year, and in Houston traffic. How does the biking compare to climbing the crane stairs?

4 hours ago, Ross said:

You could drive to Bellaire, take the bike off the rack, ride 30 feet, and take the picture😁.  I don't see how you ride all those miles this time of year, and in Houston traffic. How does the biking compare to climbing the crane stairs?

I think that is cheating but some players have accused a couple of bikers of doing that. I ride early so the heat isn't as bad plus when your rolling your creating your own wind, its when you stop that it gets hot.

Climbing a tower crane isn't bad, the higher you get the cooler and windier it is plus there are platforms to rest every 20'. Coming down as you get to closer to the ground you can really feel the ground heat radiating.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

On 11/17/2019 at 9:11 PM, Triton said:

Has anyone gone down Brays in a while? Was wanting to go past 610 but I heard a lot is shutdown.

It's closed at Buffalo Spdwy bridge going westbound and at Telephone Rd bridge eastbound but that looks close to opening back up.

• Like 1

This ride hurt a lot. I had to cut it short. Not having ridden in a week, the heat got to me. Anyway I had to chase a Bike Tag first. Someone posted a new one late last night. When I saw it I thought that this was going to be an impossible find, just a red door with a 300 above it. I started using Google Maps and but 300 block in the title and it was taking me to just about every street with a 300 block in it. Got frustrated and gave up. Later on I entered 300 Westheimer and lo and behold there is the front door of #'s dance club. Thing is he didn't have the canopy so that threw me off. Found it, I live blocks away and posted a new Tag.

8EZoZzq.jpg

JArrscg.png

DINDv01.png

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1

Had to chase a Bike Tag first during my ride. I knew where it was as these murals were painted in 2016 during the Meeting of Styles mural fest. I used to ride this trail pretty frequently but haven't been this far in a while. They repaved the section near TC Jester Park which it needed.

rNUYQmw.jpg

VE7KDFc.jpg

• Like 1

So someone found my Bike Tag rather quickly but it was right in front of the Snooze breakfast place in the Heights. The person that found it lives in the Heights since all their Tags seem to be in the Heights. I easily found theirs though on the beginning of my ride.

First was my Tag they found, second is the one I found this morning, I've taken a bunch of pics from here.

p8ZSVmq.jpg

9ZGyQIu.jpg

97F36cV.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, HoustonMidtown said:

Glad your'e back!!  

I took a nasty spill a couple weeks ago, broke my leg and collarbone - no biking for me for the next couple of months unfortunately...I look forward to seeing your pics while I recover...

oh man, that's rough, hope you're recovered and back on the bike!

and hindesky, I admire your dedication, and appreciate your updates on this thread. 

I haven't been on my bike since very early this year. I need to get back on and ride, and you're helping to inspire me!

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had to drag out my road bike to chase a Bike Tag, gravel bike is in the shop for rear wheel bearing replacement. My Paramount OS is a really nice, light weight and fast bike but it's a racing bike and not as comfortable of a ride as my AWOL Comp.

Bike Tag I found.....

Dyu0Njg.jpg

CW3rIcw.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Bike Tag I could have chased but its past the Galleria area on Westheimer and I didn't get an early enough start. Plus the traffic around there with all the roads closed I decided to let someone else chase it. They found it but they live on the west side of the west loop in Bellaire.

1Ho79dh.jpg

• Like 1

Was chasing a Bike Tag but I got a late start and rode around too much after I found it. Another player posted his find about 1 1/2 hr before I got home after my ride. Turns out the Tag was in the parking garage of the Methodist Admin building on Greenbriar. I ended up doing 3 parking garages(18 floors) before I found the right one. I did the pink one then the white next to it and finally the right one at Methodist.

bgclcUm.jpg

FWtvkU9.jpg

DORRBIC.jpg

• Like 1

There is a Bike Tag available but no way I'm gonna chase it. It's at Bellaire and BW8 at Arthur Storey Park, the Ying and Yang thing on the ground. Too far and too much traffic to deal with coming back.

XHYrtPm.jpg

EyHiiWR.jpg

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1