Mutiny Wine Room At 1124 Usener St.

twisterhunt

Hey everyone - long time reader, first time poster. Looks like a new restaurant / bar is in the works just south of White Oak Drive where a couple bungalows used to sit at Studemont and Usener. Noticed a lot of activity at that corner over the past couple weeks, and appears permits (can't seem to get my screenshot to post) were sold back in late 2018 for a new wine bar and restaurant. If this pans out, should help make that stretch of Studemont a bit nicer and compliment the large project proposed across the street where the office building currently sits (if that ever gets built).

• Like 3

On 1/21/2019 at 10:20 AM, twisterhunt said:

Hey everyone - long time reader, first time poster. Looks like a new restaurant / bar is in the works just south of White Oak Drive where a couple bungalows used to sit at Studemont and Usener. Noticed a lot of activity at that corner over the past couple weeks, and appears permits (can't seem to get my screenshot to post) were sold back in late 2018 for a new wine bar and restaurant. If this pans out, should help make that stretch of Studemont a bit nicer and compliment the large project proposed across the street where the office building currently sits (if that ever gets built).

I was wondering what was going on here! That’s great news!

• The title was changed to 1124 Usener St (Studewood at Usener)
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Montrose/Studemont/Studewood change names at the bayous (there was some confusion a while ago about someone drowning in the 1100 blk of Studewood, turns out it was 1100 Studemont, under the bike trail, north of I-10, south of White Oak Bayou.

Still waiting for that map of all the 100 blocks in Houston to see where the N/S line is (close to Buffalo Bayou, excluding the Heights?)

12 hours ago, SamHouston said:

I think Montrose/Studemont/Studewood change names at the bayous (there was some confusion a while ago about someone drowning in the 1100 blk of Studewood, turns out it was 1100 Studemont, under the bike trail, north of I-10, south of White Oak Bayou.

Still waiting for that map of all the 100 blocks in Houston to see where the N/S line is (close to Buffalo Bayou, excluding the Heights?)

North/South barriers tend to change on bayous. North Shepherd and Shepherd's line is White Oak Bayou, not I-10, similar to how West Loop's North/South line is Buffalo Bayou, not the interstates (or even the railroads). It looks like Buffalo Bayou marks where Studemont becomes Montrose, and White Oak marks Studemont/Studewood. Notable exceptions include Main becoming South Main at the border of Rice's campus.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1124 Usener St.
  • The title was changed to Mutiny Wine Room At 1124 Usener St.