Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development At 970 Bunker Hill Rd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2020 at 1:20 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

There's a texadelphia opening on the other side on Gaylord. Couple of GFR pads there. Really like how they maximized the space.

Treebeard's, Masraff's, and Texadelphia are all open and seem to be doing pretty good business given the circumstances. This Treebeard's seems to have upped its game compared to the downtown locations and also has a full bar and nice outdoor space next to Texadelphia. There is also a Tiny's Milk and Cookies going in soon. 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development by Moody National

HOUSTON –Colliers International announced  Tiny’s Milk & Cookieshas leased space in the Village Towers located at 9655 Katy Freeway in Houston, Texas. This will be Tiny’s Milk & Cookies third location in Houston. Hannah Tosch of Colliers International represented the tenant, Tiny Boxwood’s Holdings, LLC. The landlord, Moody National HQ, represented themselves in the transaction.

https://realtynewsreport.com/rnr-real-estate-briefs-hou-dal-aus-sat-and-more-9/

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development By Moody National
  • 3 weeks later...

Veritex Community Bank signs lease in new mixed-use project near Memorial City

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/02/09/veritex-community-bank-village-towers-west-houston.html

A Dallas-based bank will occupy 12,000 square feet of space in the new Village Towers mixed-use project near Memorial City in west Houston.

Veritex Community Bank, a subsidiary of Dallas-based Veritex Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: VBTX), signed the lease in Village Towers, at 9655 Katy Freeway. CBRE represented Veritex in the lease, the bank said Feb. 9. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

In addition to 12,000 square feet of office space, Veritex's lease includes signage on the facade of Village Towers, the bank said. The new west Houston space will allow Veritex room to house its growing corporate, commercial and industrial teams in Houston.

• Like 8

I noticed Veritex has their name on a small 70s/80s looking office building a couple addresses to the east of where they are moving.

I wonder if an outcome of Covid and work from home might be that as companies sign leases in these new buildings, some of those really old small office buildings in areas like this could be torn down and redeveloped as multifamily. Like, I could see that clump of old low-rise commercial between Bingle and Home Depot in this same general area being a perfect spot for some kind of low profile mixed use development.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, zaphod said:

I noticed Veritex has their name on a small 70s/80s looking office building a couple addresses to the east of where they are moving.

I wonder if an outcome of Covid and work from home might be that as companies sign leases in these new buildings, some of those really old small office buildings in areas like this could be torn down and redeveloped as multifamily. Like, I could see that clump of old low-rise commercial between Bingle and Home Depot in this same general area being a perfect spot for some kind of low profile mixed use development.

I keep seeing similar sentiments expressed in other threads, but has there been any large scale move in any American city to tear down large of amounts of older Class B or Class C low rise office buildings and replace them with anything else? From my experience they just stick around and look unassuming forever.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Village Towers: Mixed-Use Development At 970 Bunker Hill Rd.