Why Are There So Many Sex Offenders In Houston?

The other day someone asked me to look up this website called Family Watchdog (They saw it on Oprah) http://www.familywatchdog.us/ , This site shows all of the sex offenders in the United States and where they live. I checked it out for my town, then I tried Houston and other cities. Houston is covered in dots while may other cities have few dots. I hope this this all some kind of mistake, but it shows the pictures of the people and everything. I kind of made me feel bad for Houston because they were everywhere. I checked out Boston and there where barrley any. What do you guys think about this? What city in the U.S. has the most offenders?

KHOU or someone did a story on this a while back. It turns out that when prisoners are discharged from Livingston and other places they are shipped to the Greyhound terminal in Houston where they're supposed to catch buses back to the places where they came from. More often than not they choose not to make the connection and start a new life in Houston far away from the bad memories of the places they got busted.

Voila! Instant ex-con population explosion.

KHOU or someone did a story on this a while back. It turns out that when prisoners are discharged from Livingston and other places they are shipped to the Greyhound terminal in Houston where they're supposed to catch buses back to the places where they came from. More often than not they choose not to make the connection and start a new life in Houston far away from the bad memories of the places they got busted.

Voila! Instant ex-con population explosion.

Well that needs to stop! Right away! The other day I was fliping through the channels and then I stoped on this show, I think it was Inside Eddition, and they showed an Island where only sex offenders live. To me it was a good idea, and I had though of this before, place all the bad guys on the island.

Well that needs to stop! Right away! The other day I was fliping through the channels and then I stoped on this show, I think it was Inside Eddition, and they showed an Island where only sex offenders live. To me it was a good idea, and I had though of this before, place all the bad guys on the island.

Isn't that how we got Australia?

The other day someone asked me to look up this website called Family Watchdog (They saw it on Oprah) http://www.familywatchdog.us/ , This site shows all of the sex offenders in the United States and where they live. I checked it out for my town, then I tried Houston and other cities. Houston is covered in dots while may other cities have few dots. I hope this this all some kind of mistake, but it shows the pictures of the people and everything. I kind of made me feel bad for Houston because they were everywhere. I checked out Boston and there where barrley any. What do you guys think about this? What city in the U.S. has the most offenders?

becuase houston has 2 million people...of course you're gonna have a lot of sex offenders. big cities are much easier to blend in as opposed to small rinky-dink towns where squash festivals take up the front page of the newspaper.

and regards to sending all sex-offenders to an island, just remember, not all of them are pedophiles or rapists although a lot are.

Dozens Of Sex Offenders Stayed In Houston Shelters

Criminals Included In Mass Evacuations During Katrina

POSTED: 1:35 pm CST November 7, 2005

UPDATED: 10:08 pm CST November 7, 2005

HOUSTON -- The emergency mass exodus from Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina is turning into a convenient getaway for some criminals, the KPRC Local 2 Troubleshooters reported Monday. While thousands of victims escaped the hurricane, hundreds also escaped the law. Now, Houston has new residents in hiding.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5271063/...ss=hou&psp=news

Dozens Of Sex Offenders Stayed In Houston Shelters

Criminals Included In Mass Evacuations During Katrina

POSTED: 1:35 pm CST November 7, 2005

UPDATED: 10:08 pm CST November 7, 2005

HOUSTON -- The emergency mass exodus from Louisiana during Hurricane Katrina is turning into a convenient getaway for some criminals, the KPRC Local 2 Troubleshooters reported Monday. While thousands of victims escaped the hurricane, hundreds also escaped the law. Now, Houston has new residents in hiding.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5271063/...ss=hou&psp=news

Interesting. They say dozens in the title, hundreds in the article, then they say 13 registered with the state.

If the shelters held 30,000 evacuees and nothing happened, why is it now news, 2 months later?

I call it Channel 2 "Big Story" math.

Interesting. They say dozens in the title, hundreds in the article, then they say 13 registered with the state.

If the shelters held 30,000 evacuees and nothing happened, why is it now news, 2 months later?

I call it Channel 2 "Big Story" math.

I heard there are over 1300 that have already registered with the state, from Lousiana. That was just last night, but there are a couple of thousand that haven't reported to anyone yet, from N.O.

I heard there are over 1300 that have already registered with the state, from Lousiana. That was just last night, but there are a couple of thousand that haven't reported to anyone yet, from N.O.

No, there were 1300 registered in the 4 hardest hit parishes. Some evacuated. Others are back home. Not all came or stayed in Texas, either.

No, there were 1300 registered in the 4 hardest hit parishes. Some evacuated. Others are back home. Not all came or stayed in Texas, either.

AHH-HAA !, ok good deal, I heard 1300 somewhere, I think my wife was talking to me when thye were saying it on the news, and I tried to drown out the wrong person talking. :lol:

Edited by TJones

I guess yall didn't catch the david copperfield reference. Have yall ever heard of a david copperfield? Not the david copperfield, A david copperfield. As a verb. Heheh.

Actually, you used it as a noun...so, I guess that's why we didn't get it.

"I heard no new orleans evacuees ever ended up in the reliant complex at all, and it was just a huge david copperfield orchestrated by the democrats. . . For real. . ."