Why Are There So Many Sex Offenders In Houston?

most sex offenses are a lot like other crimes. the victim usually knows the attacker. Which doesn't make it right. But a lot of sex offenders are men having sex with girls uner the age of 18. Ex. a 16 year old boy and his 16 year old girlfriend having a sexual relationship can result in the 16 year old boy being indicted as a sex offender.

I heard no new orleans evacuees ever ended up in the reliant complex at all, and it was just a huge david copperfield orchestrated by the democrats. . . For real. . .

Hey "77017". I lived in Houston from 1962-64. I just looked at a street map of Houston and it shows that 77017 is the zip code for the place that I lived at. I lived at #8 West Court Drive. Are you near there?

I guess yall didn't catch the david copperfield reference. Have yall ever heard of a david copperfield? Not the david copperfield, A david copperfield. As a verb. Heheh.

Oh we caught it, it just fell flat chief. Not to worry, they can't all be comedy "gold".

Oh we caught it, it just fell flat chief. Not to worry, they can't all be comedy "gold".

Aw come on yo, that was funny if you know what a david copperfield is. Plus, 2 jokes in 1? Aight, ill work on my material. Its cuz I had just heard what a david copperfield was so I had 2 use it. Ashikaga, I lived on hartford between the d.p.s. on dover and the chuckwagon on broadway.

definitely useful but a tad creepy - if you click on the little pinmark, their mugshop pops up

Yeah, that is a bit startling. It is useful. It showed that there is a guy almost exactly one block away from my house who's offense was molesting a 13YO girl. If I was the parent/guardian of a teen-aged girl that is definitely information I would want.

• 1 month later...
Well that needs to stop! Right away! The other day I was fliping through the channels and then I stoped on this show, I think it was Inside Eddition, and they showed an Island where only sex offenders live. To me it was a good idea, and I had though of this before, place all the bad guys on the island.

I saw that story again today.

122205-sex-offender-island.jpg

SEX OFFENDER ISLAND

According to the Justice Department, there are 150,000 sex offenders incarcerated in the United States. Now, INSIDE EDITION takes you on a rare tour of a nearly deserted island in Washington State, to a unique facility that provides one solution to the question of what to do with sex offenders who have served their time but authorities think might still be a threat.

http://www.insideedition.com/ourstories/archives/