Lost

Jeebus

1. He goes running through the jungle screaming Walt for a week and doesn't get caught?

2. He has a well made torch. Torches like that require some sort of oil. Where did Michael get oil?

3. He was convienently found at the line, at the same time Jack & Kate were there.

4. He was drugged up & confused. Dehydrated? Maybe.

5. WHERE IS HIS RIFLE???

I got a few questions as well:

1. Personally, I'm sure the Others told Micheal to kill Ana Lucia for revenge on killing two of them. That being said, why was there never a push of vengence for killing Ethan?

2. Why is it that everytime a dude wants to take a chick out to a private dinner on the beach, they end up shot accidentally?

3. Why were Walt and the kids taken in the first place?

4. Was Henry Gale telling the truth when he said he went out to get Locke, and if so, why?

5. Why is it that the former tail-section passengers are the ones dying? Libby, Ana Lucia, possibly another soon?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of think the tents are a facade. I mean, all the Others (with the kids) can't be living in those tents. They have a hatch and I'm sure it houses most of them. We know (b/c of what Kate and Claire found, even if they're not talking about it) that the "dirty, barefoot" thing is a hoax/disguise. They obviously have clean clothes and shoes b/c Ethan, Henry, and the guy who joined the Tailies were all clean, shod, and shaven.

DJ- I don't believe what Henry Gale said for a minute. He was playing mind games with Locke from the beginning and what he said was just part of the game... Does he want something from Locke? Did he have some kind of plan for him? Probably yes and possibly. Otherwise, Gale was a BS artist.

huh? magical powers? fill me in...I don't have the energy to follow all of the side line stuff of this show...

Here are some examples I remember.....

1.everytime there was a polar bear, walt was reading the spanish comic book with the polar bear in it

2. in australia, he was reading about the bird and they the bird flew into the front window

anyone else?

Here are some examples I remember.....

1.everytime there was a polar bear, walt was reading the spanish comic book with the polar bear in it

2. in australia, he was reading about the bird and they the bird flew into the front window

anyone else?

well they basically come out and say it. the step father in Australia says "things happen when he's around"

and the Other's say that he's a special boy.

well they basically come out and say it. the step father in Australia says "things happen when he's around"

and the Other's say that he's a special boy.

I forgot about that.

Thanks for the USA links....I have a question....

Is this show already outlined...is there a difinitive end and result? or are they simply building it as time goes on...throwing out bones to see which ones will be sniffed out and then writing from there?

I hope that it is already outlined, otherwise, it just seems like a wild goose chase with no end in site. That will be hard to keep people's interest.

I forgot about that.

Thanks for the USA links....I have a question....

Is this show already outlined...is there a difinitive end and result? or are they simply building it as time goes on...throwing out bones to see which ones will be sniffed out and then writing from there?

I hope that it is already outlined, otherwise, it just seems like a wild goose chase with no end in site. That will be hard to keep people's interest.

I believe they originally had 2 seasons plotted out but now it is something like 5-7. The producers are very good at throwing in hints and innuendos (both true and false leads) which is why LOST has such a devout following.

An ABC exec aproached JJ Abrams and asked if he could throw something together 2 months before 2004 season filming began in late 03. He sketched some ideas together & teamed up with Damian Lindelof. Together they pitched the show, but only after they agreed to each other that they would only pitch if they had a finish for the show. At the time of the pitch, they told as much to ABC who bought what they were selling.

JJ & Damian have said from the start that they know what's really going on, and how it all comes together in the end. They invisioned a series running 5 to 7 seasons (as mentioned above) with full disclosure & conclusion at the end. They want at all cost to avoid the fiasco known as X-Files.Both JJ & Damian in various interviews have admitted to not knowing some of the finer details of the show until just a week or two before shooting, but do have a firm grasp over the entire show. What scares them is that ABC will get greedy and stretch the show into 10 to 12 seasons of crap.

If its any consolation to their motives, they are lobbying ABC against another season of constant breaks between new episodes. They want no more than 3 breaks for next season.

I believe they originally had 2 seasons plotted out but now it is something like 5-7. The producers are very good at throwing in hints and innuendos (both true and false leads) which is why LOST has such a devout following.

Entertainment Weekly is as obsessed with LOST as the rest of us. They regularly torment the writers and actors. Well, earlier this season Abrams said they definitely have a conclusion- they know how it all end and ties together. They've apparently always had that. Now, b/c it's such a hit, they are able to really expand on the middle part...

Thanks all, that makes me feel better :> I know, I'm a dork...but there would be a lot more dorks out there if there wasn't a "true" ending...

maybe I will give it a bit more of a "snooping" shot...

Holy mackerel.... I love this show. Tonight was brilliant.

I have a HUGE question I want to pose to you guys, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

SPOILER ALERT****

OK- so my ? is: Does anyone else think they are eventually going to find that the goings on in the hatch from last week will be exposed in a video tape at some point in the future?

Also, what about those previews for next week? WILD...

Per the video, the Pearl Station, aka Station Five, is the recording station. Also per the video, it seemed as if recording the actual footage of each hatch was truely as important as recorded the events in the hatch. Therefore, unless there is a recording somewhere else, I don't think there will be on here either.

Also, the video eludes that those operating the Pearl Station are on a very limited "need to know" basis. I also want to know where those mail tube go to as well.

I loved the look of Station Five. Very 1981!

SPOILER: From now on, just change your text color to white so no spoilers are revealed unless someone wants to read them, simply by highlighting them:

This is a test of the spoiler alert system. Had this been a real emergency, you would have been told something important and not yet publicly known about LOST.

Wait until season 2 is over (end of this month). Shortly after, the season 2 dvd will be released. Buy (or rent) season 1 and watch them back to back. Then do the same with season 2. By the end of season 1 you'll have about a hundred questions you'll want answered. By the end of season 2 you'll have answers for half of those questions, but you'll have a hundred more new ones.

One step forward, two steps back.. Welcome to the world of LOST.

Wait until season 2 is over (end of this month). Shortly after, the season 2 dvd will be released. Buy (or rent) season 1 and watch them back to back. Then do the same with season 2. By the end of season 1 you'll have about a hundred questions you'll want answered. By the end of season 2 you'll have answers for half of those questions, but you'll have a hundred more new ones.

but be warned...if you do use this approach, you will not be able to sleep. all ability to reasonably curtail your tv time will be rendered useless. you will dream about episodes, skip work to watch more, stay up till you fall asleep on the couch....and then, when it is all over, you wont know what to do with yourself, so you will watch the silly DVD features.

but be warned...if you do use this approach, you will not be able to sleep. all ability to reasonably curtail your tv time will be rendered useless. you will dream about episodes, skip work to watch more, stay up till you fall asleep on the couch....and then, when it is all over, you wont know what to do with yourself, so you will watch the silly DVD features.

EXACTLY :lol:

Hey, I just heard about this on the radio. You can go to this website and view season one of Lost for free. It's for a limited time, from 9May until 23May. I haven't tried it yet. Season two episodes are suppose to be available a week after transmission.

I would only recommend it as a follow up, if you've already seen the episodes, so that you can re-cap something you might have missed.

The whole point of watching it on dvd is so that you can catch all the little "easter eggs" & hidden clues through out the show. Besides, by the time you finish the 3rd episode, you'll be dying to go get the dvd's so that you can lay on your couch and actually enjoy the next 45 hours.

I would only recommend it as a follow up, if you've already seen the episodes, so that you can re-cap something you might have missed.

The whole point of watching it on dvd is so that you can catch all the little "easter eggs" & hidden clues through out the show. Besides, by the time you finish the 3rd episode, you'll be dying to go get the dvd's so that you can lay on your couch and actually enjoy the next 45 hours.

I saw the 1st episode again recently, and got me questioning if Jack or Charlie may have seen the black smoke the way Locke and Eko already have (maybe Charlie?) And also got me questioning if the LOST theme song means something.

I'm not sure how the button is significant other than a test of faith. And I wonder if with the logs from the printer if Eko and Locke will find out that Micheal talked to Walt with the pc. And if Hurley and Jack will be smart enough to figure out what Micheal did. And because the hatch has cameras, does that mean that Micheal going postal was caught/watched on tape?

I saw the 1st episode again recently, and got me questioning if Jack or Charlie may have seen the black smoke the way Locke and Eko already have (maybe Charlie?) And also got me questioning if the LOST theme song means something.

I'm not sure how the button is significant other than a test of faith. And I wonder if with the logs from the printer if Eko and Locke will find out that Micheal talked to Walt with the pc. And if Hurley and Jack will be smart enough to figure out what Micheal did. And because the hatch has cameras, does that mean that Micheal going postal was caught/watched on tape?

I don't think the Pearl had video recording.. just monitoring. A) they didn't show any or mention any B ) the Orientation video was very adament about recording what they saw by writing in the journals.

The print log though... I think the imprtant thing that might could lead to is What did Henry Gail do. Did he actually press in the numbers.. or did he do something else that triggered the airdrop and/or the door to go up.

I agree about the print log. The problem is that we the viewers see all the pieces of the puzzle. The problem for the story line is that each lostie is holding their own piece of the puzzle, and individually don't even realize that is what it is.

Until they all get together and work as a team, all the recorded video & print logs in the world are worthless if they don't know what to collectively look for. I've got a hunch that the writers aren't going to change that either.

DJ - why do you think the opening music has a hidden meaning or message? Also, I don't remember exactly, but the black smoke has been seen on numerous occasions. Most incidents were too quick for the losties who saw it to even know what they were looking at. The only reason we know about it is because of the internet, HD broadcasting, & Tivo!

I agree about the print log. The problem is that we the viewers see all the pieces of the puzzle. The problem for the story line is that each lostie is holding their own piece of the puzzle, and individually don't even realize that is what it is.

Until they all get together and work as a team, all the recorded video & print logs in the world are worthless if they don't know what to collectively look for. I've got a hunch that the writers aren't going to change that either.

DJ - why do you think the opening music has a hidden meaning or message?

I agree... except in this particular case... it was Locke who was trapped under the door.. it was Locke questioned Henry about what he did and whether he entered anything into the computer.. and it was Locke who printed the pring log and saw that it showed what and when things were typed.

Locke should be able to put that puzzle together...

And if Hurley and Jack will be smart enough to figure out what Micheal did. And because the hatch has cameras, does that mean that Micheal going postal was caught/watched on tape?

It's not Hurley and Jack that figure it out **white lined spoiler- but not really a spoiler b/c they played it in the "next week on LOST" clips** Sayd says to Jack, "I think Michael has been compromised". Sayd was in military intelligence, so I am not surprised that he is the one that figures it out.

Ha, this white line thing is very Hatch-ish, no?

Did anyone notice how SAWYER ran to LIBBY and not to Ana? I thought that he was overly interested in LIBBY given his character, as far as I know they have never interacted much.

also, I wonder if the others are those who have finished the experiment through to the end. and maybe once they get to the end, they don't want to leave. I wonder if the guy from the swan station went off to go to the next station...

gaw I'm bad with names!!!!

I don't really consider it a spoiler if it has happened on the show. If you haven't seen the latest episode, you really shouldn't be reading a message board about the show. Now, if someone posts information about an UPCOMING episode, THAT should be spoiler highlighted.

That said, I am devoting a major post to a hatch summary from this point in the USA viewing cycle - not sure if it is different in other countries. If you don't want to read what has already happened on the show, quit snooping around message boards and get caught up and then come back.

3 of 6 The Swan - Home of pretty much everything, typical stay: 540 days

4 of 6 The Flame - Unknown location at this point, #4 distinction from door map

5 of 6 The Pearl - Under the "?", typical stay: 21 days

There are also:

The Arrow - Where the Tailies made their base for the first 48 days, had the splice of the #3 Swan Orientation Film

The Staff - The abandoned medical station, where Clair was taken and later found by Claire, Kate, Rousseau

But that is only 5/6. On the infamous blast door map, there are two hatches presented with dashed lines and more writing discussing a 7th aborted hatch. Now, one of the dashed line hatches (C3?) has the message "Why so many dharmatel relays in such an untenable location?" Could the "dharmatel relays" refer to the pneumatic tubes? Will the Losties try to follow the tubes? Is that even possible?

Also from the map, there are lines connecting various hatches as follows:

Swan ----> Flame, Pearl, "C3?"

Flame ----> Staff, Arrow, Swan, Pearl/"C3?"

Staff ----> Flame, Arrow, Pearl

Arrow ----> Staff, Flame, Pearl

"C3?" ----> Pearl/Flame, Swan

Pearl ----> Swan, "C3?"/Flame/Nothing, Arrow, Staff

"C4?" ----> No connections

The line connecting C3?, Pearl, and Flame is unclear. It could be two lines or one line. It could go through the Pearl or bypass it. My assumption is that it is two lines such that the Pearl is directly connected to every hatch except C4? and the Staff. Anyone remember if there were cameras in the Medical Hatch? Was the entrance of the Losties to the Swan hatch being monitored by someone in the Pearl? Can the Pearl control the cameras or are they automated?

There are also four other hatches/buildings(?) labeled CV I, CV II, CV III, CV IV. In roman numerals that would be 105 1, 105 2, 105 3, 105 4 or 106, 107, 108, 109. No idea what they are but 108 is certainly noteworthy.

It seems that the Pearl was never discovered by the cartographers (or they weren't part of that 3 week experiment). But they did know something about it because on the map are the words "The Pearl?" The Pearl used something similar to a VCR tape (but not) as opposed the Swan using 16 mm for the Orientation film. The doctor in Swan goes by Dr. Marvin Candle. The Pearl guy goes by Dr. Mark Wickman. Candle had a prosthetic arm. Wickman does not. Both have copyright dates of 1980. What is the deal? Are we looking at a twin situation?

And yes, the print logs. I believe those to be about "pushing the button." They should be able to figure out if Fake Henry pushed the button or not. Excellent point, Highway 6.

This episode really looked at aspects of the island itself which is why I'm more geeked about it than usual. Sorry for the crazy length. But I just got on a roll.

The Wickman Candle thing has got me thinking as well. I don't know what will come of it. I'm waiting to see what happens next week & during the finale before I hypothesize anymore though.

I rewatched it today.. I can't believe I missed this on Wednesday.

The girl that drowned...... her father... the fake psychic that investigates people and uses it against them he explains.......

Thats the same guy Claire went to.... that said he couldn't help her.. then ultimately gave her the ticket to put her on the plane.

Archived