Lost

Jeebus

DJ - why do you think the opening music has a hidden meaning or message? Also, I don't remember exactly, but the black smoke has been seen on numerous occasions. Most incidents were too quick for the losties who saw it to even know what they were looking at. The only reason we know about it is because of the internet, HD broadcasting, & Tivo!

If you listen to the theme song, it's not just an orchestra. It's some kind of signal or distress sound. I'm trying to make out exactly what it is, but I think whatever sound effect that is may mean something.

In terms of the black smoke, do you remember that Locke was the first one that we actually saw look into the black smoke in season one, then when he was asked about it, he denied what he saw? In the very first episode, Jack and Charlie were seperated when they were running from the black smoke. When Jack was found by the other two, he said he was "hiding in some bushes." Doesn't add up. As a matter of fact, the whole black smoke/polar bear thing doesn't make sense. If it were a controlled experiment, how were the bears released into the wild like that? Was that because of Walt? And what if Walt's mom's not dead? What if it was a lie so Walt and Micheal could be together on the ill-fated flight? And wy have we only seen the black smoke a couple times in season 2, and are all the polar bears dead or something?

Lastly, if you hear the sounds when the pilot dies, it sounds like the black smoke and a machine, but recently, it only sounds like a munchkin. Doesn't make sense either. Where's the scary sounds from season 1?

I rewatched it today.. I can't believe I missed this on Wednesday.

The girl that drowned...... her father... the fake psychic that investigates people and uses it against them he explains.......

Thats the same guy Claire went to.... that said he couldn't help her.. then ultimately gave her the ticket to put her on the plane.

I know, huh! I saw that and was like "dude, that psychic was Claire's!"

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The long the show runs, the more convinced everyone is that the polar bear incident was all Walt's fault. As for the theme music, there is a site out there that has fans who are audio engineers that have broken down everybit of audio they can find in the show. They've found whispers throughout the show, in places the human ear can't hear unaided. If there were something to the theme music, I'm sure they would have found it by now.

The long the show runs, the more convinced everyone is that the polar bear incident was all Walt's fault. As for the theme music, there is a site out there that has fans who are audio engineers that have broken down everybit of audio they can find in the show. They've found whispers throughout the show, in places the human ear can't hear unaided. If there were something to the theme music, I'm sure they would have found it by now.

The theme song's not subliminal. It's a clear sound effect, but it's hard to identify what that sound effect is...

I rewatched it today.. I can't believe I missed this on Wednesday.

The girl that drowned...... her father... the fake psychic that investigates people and uses it against them he explains.......

Thats the same guy Claire went to.... that said he couldn't help her.. then ultimately gave her the ticket to put her on the plane.

I noticed that, too. It's funny that he said he was a fruad, which explains why he got so freaked out when he saw Claire. I think maybe he did actually see something and it wasn't expected, him being a fraud and all...

have anyone messed with the website, sublymonal.com? if you keep clicking on each screen a bunch of times (4 for the first, then 8, 15, 16 - you get the idea) it unlocks the code "Heir Apparent" and has a link to the Hanso's Bios page. haven't gotten farther then that.

have anyone messed with the website, sublymonal.com? if you keep clicking on each screen a bunch of times (4 for the first, then 8, 15, 16 - you get the idea) it unlocks the code "Heir Apparent" and has a link to the Hanso's Bios page. haven't gotten farther then that.

Here is a little bit of information on that. It's part of the "Lost Experience." Here's the wiki entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Experience

Also, I found this little nugget over at tvguide.com

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700002020

Are the castaways pulling a Prison Break? Scheduling-wise, it looks that way. In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecuctive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs midseason thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports. On your mark, get set... discuss.

Yep, LOST will run in two rerun free segments next year. This is FANTASTIC NEWS. No word on the exact start date but I would guess based on the DVD release date of season 2, that we should expect season 3 to start in mid October.

so, I found this link off of that crazy lostlinks website...pretty darn cool! I didn't know the "whispers" were transmissions!!!

http://lostlinks.net/whispers.htm

in the SHANNON & SAYID IN THE JUNGLE one, someone says Hi Sis!!!! So, I think that means we will be seeing the "dead" characters again!!! Maybe that is what the experiment is all about??? A way to communicate with the dead?

Are the castaways pulling a Prison Break? Scheduling-wise, it looks that way. In a Tuesday-morning conference call, ABC entertainment president Steve McPherson announced that Lost will launch its third season with seven consecuctive new episodes, temporarily cede its time slot to the Taye Diggs midseason thriller Day Break, and then return for an uninterrupted run in January or early February, Variety reports. On your mark, get set... discuss.

Yep, LOST will run in two rerun free segments next year. This is FANTASTIC NEWS. No word on the exact start date but I would guess based on the DVD release date of season 2, that we should expect season 3 to start in mid October.

This is great news. We can thank JJ & Damian for lobbying for the fans of the show. They've known from day one how important the momentum of this show is. I had recently read that they were petitioning ABC to air the show in no more than 3 segments. They have been trying to explain to ABC how many viewers they will lose if they did season 3 as they have done 2. I have already had many regualar Lost watching friends that they were going to skip season 3 and wait for the DVD. Maybe now they won't have to.

This is good news.

Am I looking too much into it or is there something off about Zeke's (the bearded man) appearance? It's almost as if he doesn't look quite real. Like he's got a prosthetic face. And his voice is so loud and gravelly sounding in almost a cartoonish way.

Anyway, next week's season finale looks exciting! I hope we do get the answers the promo is promising.

I'm most interested in the tatoo on Zeke's upper left chest, over his heart.

Forget this week's episode - did anyone think to pause the Tivo during next weeks preview? Well I did, and the pile of artillery shells Jack, Kate, & Sayid are standing infront of are actually filled journal tubes from the Pearl! There were hundreds piled up, with one notebook laid out on top as if they had opened a tube and read it.

And stupid Jack has still failed to ask about what happened to Michael's rifle.

I'm most interested in the tatoo on Zeke's upper left chest, over his heart.

Forget this week's episode - did anyone think to pause the Tivo during next weeks preview? Well I did, and the pile of artillery shells Jack, Kate, & Sayid are standing infront of are actually filled journal tubes from the Pearl! There were hundreds piled up, with one notebook laid out on top as if they had opened a tube and read it.

And stupid Jack has still failed to ask about what happened to Michael's rifle.

Maybe we'll get the war we've been looking for :)

I'm curious what Sawyer, Kate, Jack, and Hurley have in common that the others asked for only them...

Maybe we'll get the war we've been looking for :)

I'm curious what Sawyer, Kate, Jack, and Hurley have in common that the others asked for only them...

they are the main stars of the show...

Am I looking too much into it or is there something off about Zeke's (the bearded man) appearance? It's almost as if he doesn't look quite real. Like he's got a prosthetic face. And his voice is so loud and gravelly sounding in almost a cartoonish way.

remember the episode when they found the medical hatch, and Kate found the beard and clothes? I'm pretty sure they are faking their appearance, which makes you wonder...what did Walt mean when he said they were pretending? Just that or something more sinister?

And what is with the name Mrs. Clue? That is so cheesy

they are the main stars of the show...

remember the episode when they found the medical hatch, and Kate found the beard and clothes? I'm pretty sure they are faking their appearance, which makes you wonder...what did Walt mean when he said they were pretending? Just that or something more sinister?

That whole Locke-Henry Gale relationship doesn't make any sense to me

Walt said that the Others were "pretending." Kind of cryptic but it seemed like he wasn't supposed to say that.

Also, what's the deal with the boat? Michael said he wanted the boat... sailboat shows up at the end. How did Michael know about a boat at that time?

The previews and producers are promising big questions answered in the finale... let's hope it lives up to it. I also hope they open up some more big questions. They are what keep the show so fascinating.

Also, what's the deal with the boat? Michael said he wanted the boat... sailboat shows up at the end. How did Michael know about a boat at that time?

i think when Michael asked, he was referring to the boat that came when they first took Walt. the sailboat is something different.

Walt said that the Others were "pretending." Kind of cryptic but it seemed like he wasn't supposed to say that.

he was definitely not supposed to say that. Ms. Clue got pissed when he did.

i think when Michael asked, he was referring to the boat that came when they first took Walt. the sailboat is something different.

he was definitely not supposed to say that. Ms. Clue got pissed when he did.

But why would Michael want ANY boat? I think it had to do with the sailboat but you could be right.

Last night was kind of filler episode since it really just confirmed everyone suspicions that Michael is on killing spree ... for his son.

Besides Sayid, Jack, Kate, and Hurley being "popular" what is there connection with the others? Why not Locke?

Ah ha. Forgot about that! I've heard some speculation that the bearded man (I like calling him that rather than Zeke) is Jack's father.

I laughed when she said that. Just because it sounds funny. Maybe it's pronouced "Cloo". Just like Eko sounds like "Echo".

Ah ha. Forgot about that! I've heard some speculation that the bearded man (I like calling him that rather than Zeke) is Jack's father.

I laughed when she said that. Just because it sounds funny. Maybe it's pronouced "Cloo". Just like Eko sounds like "Echo".

Maybe she has something to do with the big "?" in the clearing. Ok, I'm just grasping at straws. Or perhaps it's spelled "Kloo" or "Cluuu." I've heard of four "u"s in a row.

But why would Michael want ANY boat? I think it had to do with the sailboat but you could be right.

Last night was kind of filler episode since it really just confirmed everyone suspicions that Michael is on killing spree ... for his son.

Besides Sayid, Jack, Kate, and Hurley being "popular" what is there connection with the others? Why not Locke?

well he would want a boat to get off the island with Walt.

the 4 people on the list are Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer. Not Sayed.

are they all good people that can be saved? or bad and need to be eliminated? maybe they're threats? i really don't see how Hurley fits in, other then the numbers.

bottom line is we still don't know what the others are up to, so its all speculation for now.

well he would want a boat to get off the island with Walt.

the 4 people on the list are Jack, Kate, Hurley, and Sawyer. Not Sayed.

are they all good people that can be saved? or bad and need to be eliminated? maybe they're threats? i really don't see how Hurley fits in, other then the numbers.

bottom line is we still don't know what the others are up to, so its all speculation for now.

Yup, you're right. Sawyer. I just had Sayid on the brain.

Fake Henry said he was coming for Locke but you can't believe anything he said. Although I do believe the "Beared guy is nothing! He's no one!!" line. I think there is someone more sinister running the show... Jack's Dad perhaps? Not really dead?

The speculating is what makes LOST the great show that it is.

The speculating is what makes LOST the great show that it is.

Yep. I hardly watch anything in network primetime anymore, but this is the one show I consistently cannot wait until the next episode. I've said before that I'm a huge fan of "The Twlight Zone". "Lost" is like a continuing episode of TZ. Like a TZ soap opera.

I can't wait until next Wednesday! I hope we do learn the cause of flight 815 as the preview says.

You all are aware that you can now view each week's episode it its entirety at abc.com now, aren't you? Someone may have posted the info already; I didn't look, nor to I remember.

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

you know...on that whisper translation page...one of the voices said something about "the brothers" didn't someone make a Jack and Sawyer connection?

That doesn't explain Kate and Hurley though...

If they took Saiyd instead of Hurley it would make more sense (all the strong people).

What about the Walt connection? They were very interested in how he could do whatever it is that he does...is it possible the others can do it to? Have any of the 4 ever "made things happen"?

You poor souls are going way too far into left field.

Zeke is not Jack's father.

Michael wanted the patrol boat that Zeke used to kidnap Walt.

The sailboat is purported to belong to Desmond.

Gale was lying about coming for Locke. It was a lie confirmed when Ms. Clue stated that one of their's had been captured inadvertently.

you know...on that whisper translation page...one of the voices said something about "the brothers" didn't someone make a Jack and Sawyer connection?

That doesn't explain Kate and Hurley though...

If they took Saiyd instead of Hurley it would make more sense (all the strong people).

What about the Walt connection? They were very interested in how he could do whatever it is that he does...is it possible the others can do it to? Have any of the 4 ever "made things happen"?

It doesn't have anything to do with strong. It either has something to do with good vs bad or how they ended up on the island...

I don't remember a Jack/Sawyer connections (other than Sawyer drinking with Jack's father the day he died). Are you thinking of Claire being Jack's sister (which I, personally, think is 99% true)?

It's Ms. Klugh, FYI! Not Clue or Cloo or Clu. Just found that out.

Well, crazy ending, wasn't it?

Did that guy at the end say, "I think we found you?" Or "I think they found you?". Where is that girl, Penelope, supposed to be? And where were those guys? And who are those guys?

I wonder if Locke and Eko croaked.

Is Michael and Walt gone?

The whispers are still unanswered. Did you hear it say "Elizabeth"?

Neat connection with Libby (Elizabeth) and Desmond.

Was that a prehistoric bird and did it really say Hurley's name? (right before it crapped gold)

Creepy ending with Hurley, Kate, Jack and Sawyer.

Months to go. :mellow:

I'm just happy that I finally guessed SOMETHING right on LOST!!!!

So do you think there's a connection between the two? 'Cause, like, in da Wizard Of Oz, it was Henry Gale who happened to be the "the Wizard"... the secret guy in charge. Maybe HE'S the leader of the Dharma and Greg crew (or whatever the others are called). AND it was him who offered to grant everyone's wishes after it was found out who he was...including a ride home. Just a thought.

and...

Doesn't nessasarily mean henry Gale's an other. The way the show's all twisted up, they could be saying the others fabricated the id and planted it for all I care.

But I'll stick to my prediction that the Henry Gale dude's a supervisor

I can see that there will be a lot of good storylines next year, especially that last girl, Penny. I say remember the "Rush Hour" rule: follow the rich white guy...in this case, Penny's father.

I thought there was a Henry Gale in "Wizard of Oz"! I guess it's pretty common knowledge, but I meant to check anyway. I thought about that too.

Quoting myself:

Did that guy at the end say, "I think we found you?" Or "I think they found you?". Where is that girl, Penelope, supposed to be? And where were those guys? And who are those guys?

I got that wrong. What I meant to ask was, did that guy say "I think we found you" or "found it" or "found him"? I couldn't make out that very last word. The last word spoken in the episode.

I thought there was a Henry Gale in "Wizard of Oz"! I guess it's pretty common knowledge, but I meant to check anyway. I thought about that too.

Quoting myself:

I got that wrong. What I meant to ask was, did that guy say "I think we found you" or "found it" or "found him"? I couldn't make out that very last word. The last word spoken in the episode.

I believe it was "I think we found HIM." But it could be "IT." It doesn't really matter. It refers to Desmond on the island. Penelope was rich. You can find anyone when you're rich, even a mysterious island that doesn't seem to show up anywhere. What I don't know is how Penelope knew about the electromagnetic field on the island. The only idea I have is that her dad, Charles, is part of Dharma and she was able to get something from him directly or stole information from him about the nature of the island, in order to get Desmond back.

I did notice that Kate, Jack, Sawyer, and Hurley were brought to Pala Ferry, the same place/boat the Pearl inhabitants were told to go/use after their 8-hour job was complete.

Also, how cool was the giant pile of tubes from the Pearl?

I thought last night was a great season finale. Some big questions answered and it left several characters lives undetermined.

Archived