Lost

Jeebus

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/disp/story...nt/4237931.html

(Houston Chronicle breaks down this past episode)

A few more things:

-When Jack heard that voice in the intercom, it was a snipet of his father's voice saying "let it go, Jack"

-I think Juliet's the leader. Not Ben. Think about the beginning when she said she was "the host of the book club, not Ben."

-And I think Carl "the Prisoner" is also an "Other". How else would he know that Sawyer was part of the camp? And why would he ask so many questions?

-The 3 prisoners probably are part of a psychological experiment.And I think the Jack water incident and Sawyer "escape" incident happened because the Others wanted them to feel like there was no way of escape.

-How would the French woman not know that the Others' neighborhood didn't exist if she's lived on the island for 16 years? Does that mean she could be an Other, too? Or a former/current part of the experiment like the 3 prisoners are now?

-What ever happened to the captured kids and black smoke mystery?

The way the LOST producers wrote the script, they have a lot to work with. An entire episode could take place on one part of the island again like this first one, and it can still be enlightning. It could be at the prisoners, hatch, 2 different boats, the LOST camp, or the Arctic Circle...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
-I think Juliet's the leader. Not Ben. Think about the beginning when she said she was "the host of the book club, not Ben."
She only was flexing her estranged spousal muscle. You could tell by the end of the episode that they must have once been a couple, and now are bitter towards one another. I think Ben is the leader though.
-And I think Carl "the Prisoner" is also an "Other". How else would he know that Sawyer was part of the camp? And why would he ask so many questions?
Yes, he looks as if he could be one of the children that has maybe stepped out of line. This would explain him having to apologize to Sawyer for "implicating" him in his attempted escape.
-The 3 prisoners probably are part of a psychological experiment.And I think the Jack water incident and Sawyer "escape" incident happened because the Others wanted them to feel like there was no way of escape.
I think you're looking way too far into the intentions of the Others. They wanted them to be broken down, but I think the escapes were random.
-How would the French woman not know that the Others' neighborhood didn't exist if she's lived on the island for 16 years? Does that mean she could be an Other, too? Or a former/current part of the experiment like the 3 prisoners are now?
You saw the island as it panned out. They are in a geographically protected valley on the opposite side of the island. Add to that, Roussou is crazy from solitude and paranoia of a disease she does not know really exists or not - so she has probably not travelled far from her encampment previously to 815's arrival.

You saw the island as it panned out. They are in a geographically protected valley on the opposite side of the island. Add to that, Roussou is crazy from solitude and paranoia of a disease she does not know really exists or not - so she has probably not travelled far from her encampment previously to 815's arrival.

I thought Roussou was the one that gave Sayid the map of the island that she made. How else did she map out the "black rock"? She must have traveled across the whole island in order to create a map of it. Plus, she stayed in one part of the island for 16 years, and didn't explore to see the neighborhood, other hatches, or the 4-toed statue? Something doesn't add up. She knows a LOT more...

Did anyone laugh when Henry/Ben and Kate were sitting down to breakfast and Henry/Ben told Kate to put the cuffs on to which she replied, "What if I don't?". Henry says, "Then you don't get any coffee". And she put the cuffs on.

That wasn't cool! They made me do that at Starbucks a few nights ago :angry2::lol:

I thought Roussou was the one that gave Sayid the map of the island that she made. How else did she map out the "black rock"? She must have traveled across the whole island in order to create a map of it. Plus, she stayed in one part of the island for 16 years, and didn't explore to see the neighborhood, other hatches, or the 4-toed statue? Something doesn't add up. She knows a LOT more...

That wasn't cool! They made me do that a Starbucks at few nights ago :angry2::lol:

does anyone else think the "other" girl who helped Claire escape is Rossou's daughter.

Yes, Alex is Danielle's daughter.

Are Michael and Walt officially off the show now? They're no longer listed in the cast bios on abc.com: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/bios

I was wondering how they would explain Walt's puberty considering that the show has been on for more than two years, but it's only been, what, two months time passed in the storyline? It's still 2004 on the show. I assume they knew what they were doing when they cast a kid Walt's age.

Are Michael and Walt officially off the show now? They're no longer listed in the cast bios on abc.com: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/bios

I was wondering how they would explain Walt's puberty considering that the show has been on for more than two years, but it's only been, what, two months time passed in the storyline? It's still 2004 on the show. I assume they knew what they were doing when they cast a kid Walt's age.

If Walt and/or Micheal pop up on the show this season, then the LOST producers deserve some MAD cool points for pulling that fast one!

DJ V Lawrence:

If Walt and/or Micheal pop up on the show this season, then the LOST producers deserve some MAD cool points for pulling that fast one!

It seems they'd have to pop up sooner or later. We want to know what happened to them. Whether or not they really got of the island. If they did, did they tell anyone back in the real world about the island? Maybe they're neither on the island or back in the real world. But still, how the heck are they going to explain Walt? Recast? This is not a daytime soap. It wouldn't work. We still need to know more about Walt. About his "powers" hinted in season one, about why he was standing in the woods soaking wet, whispering which untimately led Shannon to her death. He's a creepy little kid.

Anyone else think that the others gave Jack, Kate and Sawyer a truth serum and that's how they have all this information about them? But they are playing it off as info they've always have to mess with their minds? Clearly, the writers of the show ephasized the three taking off the band aids off their arms.

God i hope michael is gone. I am so tired of his crying and shouting

WWWAAALLLTTT....THEY TOOK MUH BOY!!!!

I just can't stand a charachter that irrational.

Anyone else think that the others gave Jack, Kate and Sawyer a truth serum and that's how they have all this information about them? But they are playing it off as info they've always have to mess with their minds? Clearly, the writers of the show ephasized the three taking off the band aids off their arms.

yes i have been saying this since the episode. I think Juiet just had a stack of papers and was bluffing. They want them to think they are in totall control. Obviuosly they broke Kate down the same way as she came back looking like she struggled and was weaping. And I think the only way they could have made her cry was to bring up her past as we have seen she is one tough chick

I believe the Others have extensive contact with the real world. Whether they are contacting Dharma or not, I don't know. But they must have phones, Internet, satellite TV... all the same technology we enjoy. The Others seem to be a very advanced society on what appears to be a very primative island. In fact, they have often tried to look primative to anyone else not in their group. They have been able to acquire detailed information about each of the Losties after only 2 months. On a distant, isolated island, that doesn't add up.

Some have said that it was no coincedence that all our favorite Losties got on the same plane on 9/22/04. People (Others, Dharma, whoever) were watching them already and making it possible for them all to be on a flight to Sydney to LA on that day. How many Losties/Tailies do we really know or have known? Maybe 20 or 25? Perhaps it's plausible.

I've also been thinking about the movies "The Village" and "The Beach" where a group of people get together to live away from the rest of society. Perhaps the Others started out that way but developed into something more sinister.

This week's episode is Jin/Sun centric. Their episodes aren't the best in my opinion but the previews look to be action packed.

Maybe the same serum and tests that they did on Claire?

Some have said that it was no coincedence that all our favorite Losties got on the same plane on 9/22/04. People (Others, Dharma, whoever) were watching them already and making it possible for them all to be on a flight to Sydney to LA on that day.

except Dharma didn't make the plane crash, desmond did.

I think you're looking way too far into the intentions of the Others. They wanted them to be broken down, but I think the escapes were random.

the Jack "escape" was planned by Ben. he locked Juliette in on purpose after the flood door was opened, in order to get Jack to trust her and break down. after the sequence, Ben told Juliette good job.

for Sawyer's i can't be as certain, but i think that was staged too. the others are smarter then putting a kid in a cage who can pick locks that easily. it seemed too convenient.

She only was flexing her estranged spousal muscle. You could tell by the end of the episode that they must have once been a couple, and now are bitter towards one another. I think Ben is the leader though.

agreed, they had a relationship of sorts that's now over. when they saw the plane crash, everyone looked at Ben for direction. plus he narrated the recap!

except Dharma didn't make the plane crash, desmond did.

This is true. However, Ben was not surprised about the plane crash. He had a plan already in place. "Goodwin, did you see where the tail landed?... Ethan, go up there to that fuselage... I want lists in three days." Ben was ready for the plane crash. He expected unwelcom vistors to HIS island. While Desmond did fail to enter the numbers on 9/22/04, I don't believe that was the first time the numbers were failed to be entered while the Others were on the island. Ben never looks shocked during the two KNOWN occurences of the super magnetic field. Remember, the Others know all about all the hatches and their uses. I believe their current location with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer to be the central site of Dharma program on the island. You know, when the program was active. Whether they are near the Suburban Other Community, I don't know.

Also, I find this site useful.

Lost Transcripts

This is true. However, Ben was not surprised about the plane crash. He had a plan already in place. "Goodwin, did you see where the tail landed?... Ethan, go up there to that fuselage... I want lists in three days." Ben was ready for the plane crash. He expected unwelcom vistors to HIS island. While Desmond did fail to enter the numbers on 9/22/04, I don't believe that was the first time the numbers were failed to be entered while the Others were on the island. Ben never looks shocked during the two KNOWN occurences of the super magnetic field. Remember, the Others know all about all the hatches and their uses. I believe their current location with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer to be the central site of Dharma program on the island. You know, when the program was active. Whether they are near the Suburban Other Community, I don't know.

Also, I find this site useful.

Lost Transcripts

Julliete has power on the island too somehow. SHE orchestrated the Sawyer "escape" (she knew exactly where he was to zap him), she grew offense when a book-club member said Ben gets to choose all the books, because she apparently makes the same decisions as Ben, and um, the season started with her eye....

• 2 weeks later...
no no no no no no no...

Agreed Jeebus.

From what I've seen so far, Charlie is different. Desmond is different. Locke is about the same. The revelation about Desmond is quite interesting and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It seems out of scope for the show.

Last night's show was not as good as the first two this season. Only three more before the winter break.

I enjoyed last night's show. Can't believe there's only three more episodes left before the show takes a break again for a few months. I just want to know how they survived the hatch's destruction... but then, the plane crash really wasn't survivable either. I guess it's just part of the magic and mystery of the island.

Agreed Jeebus.

From what I've seen so far, Charlie is different. Desmond is different. Locke is about the same. The revelation about Desmond is quite interesting and I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It seems out of scope for the show.

Last night's show was not as good as the first two this season. Only three more before the winter break.

If you saw the show last night, you would have noticed he looked just like Jesus. And for some reason That tie die shirt and his hair and him kowing something that didn't happen yet made me think of that. The tie die shirt reminded me of some old movie where Jesus is in some kind of musical in the 60's or 70's, it was very hippie like.

desmond either aquired some new abilities or he is dead, Hurley is the only person to have related with him. and hurley has been known to see dead people.

interesting...I didn't think of that...

I think people are making a bit too many power assumptions based off the book club comment. I think she was just hosting that particular meeting and got territorial that Ben's power was presumably everywhere. I do think the SK thing was interesting though... which clearly shows they do have a connection with the outside world...

serum is also interesting. Something happened after breakfast and before the rock field though, she was clearly scared and lost her mojo, and those sores on her wrist to do explain a casual meal with handcuffs on... I also can't get off the aquarium conversation. I think there is more to it. I think that was a "global" conversation, not one limited to the room/building they are in. I don't really know why...

and yes, last episode was pretty snoozy.

• 5 months later...

Archived