Atlantic Coffee Solutions - 3900 Harrisburg Blvd.

• The title was changed to Atlantic Coffee Solutions Closing
  • 4 months later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:37 AM, ljchou said:

It's now owned by CDAB III, LLC. They have the same address as the ECOM Foundation that is a non-profit specializing in (among other things) ... coffee production.

http://www.ecomfoundation.org/en/

This property is too valuable as a major industrial asset to simply be changed into a "cool" retail building.

@wilcal, no new info. Here's what I know ^. I've seen a few permits for industrial updates go through, so it seems they're primed for work.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hindesky said:

OIv5pJw.png

This should be moved to 3501/3509 Harrisburg topic. This is the plot of land owned by Platform Group. Likely replatting to accommodate their newly planned development at 3509 Harrisburg (Corner of Harrisburg + Hutcheson).

@Moderators, can you help with this?

Edited by ljchou

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, ehbowen said:

Okay. I've been sitting on this until the statute of limitations expired (I hope!)...

I was brought in as a temporary worker to keep the plant producing for another 6 weeks beyond the publicized shutdown date (the permanent employees had found permanent jobs elsewhere and were not inclined to leave them).

I was not supposed to take pictures. But, on my last day at the plant, I was being paid just to be there for eight hours, and I had my cell phone. I got to thinking that it was quite possible that no kind of photo survey had ever been taken of this facility, and I knew it was historically important to Houston and the East End. So I went to town.

This photography was not planned, I just went through as much of the facility as I could snapping everything which seemed interesting. And they are cell phone quality pictures at best, taken with a BlackBerry PRIV. But if you want to view them, for this the balance of Thanksgiving week 2022, you may. The link follows, the password is 'LastDrop'. Expires 2022-11-28:

https://voyager.ehbowen.net:5001/mo/sharing/9TewHd5ln

I made annotations to most of the photos with what I knew about the area or equipment. You are welcome to view, but downloading is disabled. I know some folks will save screen shots, but...well, remember the copyright laws. If you have some real use for some of the photos, message me and let's talk.

That all looks like what I remember from doing some work there in the early 80's when it was Maxwell House. The company I worked for had provided control equipment for various areas. The coffee silos were not covered then. I always wished i had taken some pictures from teh top of the silos, as that's not a view you get very often.

There were several areas which I didn't have access to during my short time there; one of them was the basement of (the original) Building 12 which was being used as a stock room for supplies. I do have a photo in that list of the Milby Avenue domestic water pumps which was on the bottom level of (IIRC) building 17. My responsibility during my time there was steam and utilities but I'm afraid I just wasn't there long enough to learn all of the ins and outs. So I wasn't aware of your sump pumps. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

From Twitter:

@HoustonFire @HoustonFire is currently on scene at 3900 Harrisburg performing extinguishment efforts after receiving reports of a warehouse on fire. No FF or civilian injuries have been reported. Please avoid the area due to heavy emergency traffic. @FireChiefofHFD 11:54 am · 14 Jul 2023

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Atlantic Coffee Solutions - 3900 Harrisburg Blvd.