19-Story High-Rise Proposed For West Gray St.

Urbannizer

50 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

This is one ugly (or at least disproportioned) building.  Perhaps it could fit in towards the Midtown end of W. Gray, or possibly on the River Oaks end.  But, please not in the Montrose Part of W. Gray.   

The parking podium is almost larger than the actual residential component.

It also looks like the Ying to the River Oaks Surgical centers Yang!

Also thats the same vertical  curve on the side as the curve on the end of the Arabella.

Looks like Randall has competition.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:31 PM, urbanize713 said:

2. Where the previous homes/building were demolished (skinny rita's)

Glad you mentioned this location. Last month I noticed Platform Group took images from above the site to show off the views. Also someone threw out "high-rise condos" in a Swamplot article regarding the buildings.

On 4/3/2018 at 1:31 PM, urbanize713 said:

1. Empty lot across Carnegie Vanguard, next to mid rise under construction.  

There are two empty lots across from CVHS, are you referring to the one across Gray or across Taft?

I live a few houses down from here. For the empty lot on the NW corner of Taft and Gray, the same owner has been sitting on it for some time, he had plans for retail but obviously nothing materialized. Last I heard from Juan (of the defunct Juan Mon's), was that he made a deal with the owner to set up a food truck park. That was in December, and I haven't seen any activity.

The other lot across Gray was a staging area for Dolce construction. Since that's going to be under construction indefinitely who knows how long that lot will sit idle!

• The title was changed to 19-Story High-Rise Proposed For W. Gray St.
  • The title was changed to 19-Story High-Rise Proposed For West Gray St.

Archived