Tom Delay Indicted

RedScare

This ought to make for an interesting election season next year. I have to say that I never thought I'd see it...his associates, maybe, but not DeLay himself.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/3373567

I saw a news item today that said that a former aide to DeLay pleaded guilty to some kind

of charged involving a big amount of money.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah the sight of our good gay Republican kjb434 trying to juggle the excuses...

Pricless.

B)

Hey, Hey, watch the language there sailor, you kiss your mother with that mouth ? No need for the personal attack on KJB, geez nmain. ;):lol:

What personal attack? He is a gay Republican. Funny...we haven't heard from him since Prop. 2 passed-thus giving him 2nd class citizenship and affording special rights to straight couples.

B)

BTW, my mom lives with Jesus now.

What personal attack? He is a gay Republican. Funny...we haven't heard from him since Prop. 2 passed-thus giving him 2nd class citizenship and affording special rights to straight couples.

B)

BTW, my mom lives with Jesus now.

Dude, check the spelling my friend, I put it in BOLD LETTERS I was raggin on you ! I assure you, I was not poking fun at your mom either, only poking fun at you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
YES, Couldn't have happened to a better guy. I hope the SOB goes to jail where he belongs. :lol:

I just head that Judge Pat Priest dismissed the conspiracy but not the money laundering charge against Tom DeLay. Well, that's better than him getting off scott free. Yes, you're right, he does belong in jail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
From what I've read in the news about Jack Abramoff pleading guilty, Tom DeLay might get hurt even more.

I think a lot of as&^%$#s in Washington puckered when it was announced Abramhoff accepted a plea deal and was singing like a bird. This will be interesting for sure.

According to news reports, Delay says he's going to give thousands of dollars he obtained through Abramoff to charity.

Wonder if the beneficiaries will include Celebrations for Children Inc.? <_<

Probably will go to the Tom Delay legal defense fund.

as mencken said:

"I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. "

^_^

During the Civil War, Union general William T. Sherman made known his hatred for politicians when he said to General Ulysses S. Grant:

"Stay away from Washington! It's a nest of thieves!"

• 1 year later...

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals today refused to reinstate criminal conspiracy charges against former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and two co-defendants.

DeLay, R-Sugar Land, and political consultants Jim Ellis and John Colyandro were accused of conspiring to violate state election laws in the 2002 elections for the Texas House. But lower courts threw out the indictment on grounds that conspiracy to violate the election code was not a crime until 2003,

A majority of the Court of Criminal Appeals agreed.

DeLay's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, said he was pleased with the ruling but sorry that it took so long and resulted in DeLay's resignation from Congress, where he represented Houston's southwest suburbs for more than 20 years.

"Ronnie Earle indicted Tom DeLay for a crime that didn't exist, wasn't on the books," DeGuerin said.

full article

The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals today refused to reinstate criminal conspiracy charges against former U.S. House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and two co-defendants.

DeLay, R-Sugar Land, and political consultants Jim Ellis and John Colyandro were accused of conspiring to violate state election laws in the 2002 elections for the Texas House. But lower courts threw out the indictment on grounds that conspiracy to violate the election code was not a crime until 2003,

A majority of the Court of Criminal Appeals agreed.

DeLay's attorney, Dick DeGuerin, said he was pleased with the ruling but sorry that it took so long and resulted in DeLay's resignation from Congress, where he represented Houston's southwest suburbs for more than 20 years.

"Ronnie Earle indicted Tom DeLay for a crime that didn't exist, wasn't on the books," DeGuerin said.

full article

So does that make the money-laundering charges go away? I didn't quite understand how the article explained that part.

Archived