Astroworld Park At 9001 Kirby Dr.

KimberlySayWhat

Moved to Houston as a mid to late teen, and AstroWorld was my first job. I have a ton of memories but they are due to having been employed there for 5 seasons. I met my two best friends, who are still my best friends to this day, at AstroWorld, I fell in love there, I got over my shyness there, I learned responsibility there, I met celebrities there, and I had some of the best and most bizarre times of my life there. I will miss it.

Long live AstroWorld.

*note*- Flower Child, Mongoose, Phsyco, and Reeper, where are you guys today? A lizard in the ketchup bottle at Shanghai Grill........you guys were insane. My goodness, the stories I could tell of my 5 years at that place.

Well, howdy!

You asked so I'll answer.

Ahh - I miss those days in Videocity, the Blue Room, hangin' out at the tables at Coney Island Hot Dogs, Shanghai Grill (yes - some interesting things were done in there. lol), Spanky's Pizza, Airena Theater, Showcase Theater, Big Red Barn, "The Great Texas Longhorn Revue" in Crystal Palace, backstage at the Bugs Bunny Wonder Circus, Las Banderas, Chat & Chew and so much more! Man, Astroworld was so much fun for me and why I went daily for so many years!I have VERY fond memories of Videocity, Airena Theater and Spanky's Pizza (became Pinuzzo's Italian Kitchen)I don't know what happened to or where Phsyco is, I've recntly found Reaper but haven't heard back from him, don't ask about Mongoose, you don't wanna know what he's been doin', and I am Flowechild. Peace Ya said "Met my best friends, who are still my best friends to this day" so I wanna ask ya who they are......as well as you?I never really lost contact with Hollywood, I met up with Malachai at a W.A.S.P. concert 5 or so years ago and met up with, David and Jimbo. And recently, Bridget found me on MySpace and I've gotten back in touch with Bruce, Dave TV, Rachelle, Slash, Scott, Howie, Maniac, and others.I'm still lookin' for Cindy, big Wendy, "little" Wendy, big Shane, "little" Shane, Killer, Ducky, Daina, Melissa, Amy, Christie, Angie, Alisha, Pervert, Militia, Jay, Rainbow, Demon, Rikki (Cindy), "<i>Lita</i>" (at least that's what she called herself), Mandy, Trent (looked like Tom Petty), Midnight, Kathy, Linda, Tracy (skinhead dude), Kimberly, Laura, Beth, Mercedes, Tempest, Lita, Ace, Snake, mondo (I used to see him from time to time but I loose contact info), Diamond, Rebel ( Billy Idol look-a-like), Damon, Renee Wolfe (last I head, she was in Branson, Missouri), Rick (Dated Renee), Chuck (lots of tattoos and 2 front teeth missing), Michelle, Nicky, Vamp, etc. etc. etc.DANG! There were a lot of us at Astroworld!.I know this ain't a place for reunions or anything but when I came accross this post, I HAD to reply, as Astroworld was such a big part of my life and so much fun! Peace

Remember that great sudden rush of chilled air that would blast as you went throught he Alpine Sled ride? Then as you wnet further along that abominable snowman would jump out!

I think they gave him the pink slip after a few scuffles with smart alec teens the would throw things at him.

I really love the rise called "The Happening" had the dome over it with blacklight posters all inside. Fun, fun! :P

Remember that great sudden rush of chilled air that would blast as you went throught he Alpine Sled ride? Then as you wnet further along that abominable snowman would jump out!

I think they gave him the pink slip after a few scuffles with smart alec teens the would throw things at him.

I really love the rise called "The Happening" had the dome over it with blacklight posters all inside. Fun, fun! :P

I was scared of the Abominable Snowman in the Alpine Sleigh Ride, but loved the ride, and the whole Austrian-themed area. Another favorite was the Bamboo Chute. And of course, the carousel (I read recently that it went to a good home, I think a museum).

Edited by NenaE

• The title was changed to Astroworld Park At 9001 Kirby Dr.