Seriously, if you have something to contribute, don't taunt us! Start a new topic.

All I'm saying is that to gaze upon the vast body of knowledge may cause your head might explode a la Indiana Jones' ark of the covenant, or some such thing. It was not designed for the understanding of mere mortals.

All I'm saying is that to gaze upon the vast body of knowledge may cause your head might explode a la Indiana Jones' ark of the covenant, or some such thing. It was not designed for the understanding of mere mortals.

Haha OK, I understand. It is not my fate to know!

Edited by N Judah

Wow, pretty interesting to see what type of direction this thread went. Obviously it went somewhere else.

Nonetheless, I shall try to emphasize a little on the original topic. Passed by the construction site the other day but I really don't think it will be completed in the summer. Realistically, it seems like a FALL completion would be reasonable. The earliest would be late summer.

As for now, LA Fitness MARQ Center is base while cardio belongs to running around RICE U or Memorial Park.

RICE U is pretty nice for a 3-mile run.....pretty good turnout around 430-7, just be careful of rush-hour exhaust fumes because of the constant commute of cars.

Memorial Park is very nice...a friend says its about 3.5 but it feels like 4 miles.....ALOT OF SCENIC MOTIVATION! I really enjoy knowing that there are trees everywhere and not soo much smog from cars.

Wow, pretty interesting to see what type of direction this thread went. Obviously it went somewhere else.

Nonetheless, I shall try to emphasize a little on the original topic. Passed by the construction site the other day but I really don't think it will be completed in the summer. Realistically, it seems like a FALL completion would be reasonable. The earliest would be late summer.

As for now, LA Fitness MARQ Center is base while cardio belongs to running around RICE U or Memorial Park.

RICE U is pretty nice for a 3-mile run.....pretty good turnout around 430-7, just be careful of rush-hour exhaust fumes because of the constant commute of cars.

Memorial Park is very nice...a friend says its about 3.5 but it feels like 4 miles.....ALOT OF SCENIC MOTIVATION! I really enjoy knowing that there are trees everywhere and not soo much smog from cars.

Yeah, we have a tendency to get on various tangents on here (me included), but Ed and a few of the other mods are good about steering us back.....eventually. :)

The Rice running path is like Houston's Times Square - there are always people around even on the hottest day, in the rain, etc. It's pretty cool. It makes me good to see so many people out exercising, and that's good motivation to exercise too! I've never done Memorial Park though.

Edited by Jax

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to La Fitness In The TMC
  • 2 months later...

Bellicum Enters Asset Purchase Agreement with MD Anderson

https://www.contractpharma.com/contents/view_breaking-news/2020-01-22/bellicum-enters-asset-purchase-agreement-with-md-anderson/

Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (BLCM), a leader in developing novel, controllable cellular immunotherapies for cancers, has entered into an asset purchase agreement under which The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center will acquire Bellicum’s approximately 60,000-square-foot Houston facility, including manufacturing, office and laboratory space, for $15 million.

Bellicum also will enter into a master services agreement with MD Anderson. MD Anderson will operate the Houston facility for its own internal programs as well as to manufacture Bellicum’s GoCAR and other cellular therapy programs for clinical trials and potentially early commercial supply.

“After conducting a thorough evaluation of our manufacturing strategy, we pursued and structured this agreement with MD Anderson to serve the best interests of our patients, employees, partners, and shareholders,” said Rick Fair, President and Chief Executive Officer of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals. “The preferred supply agreement assures Bellicum’s access to cell therapy product supply while reducing our operating expenses. Bellicum’s corporate headquarters in Houston will remain the center of excellence for our research, process and analytical development, third-party manufacturing, and quality assurance functions.”

The sale of the manufacturing facility is expected to close in the first quarter of 2020. Transition activities are underway. Closing of the transaction is subject to several conditions, including consent of the building landlord.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Houston pharma co. completes $15M facility sale to M.D. Anderson as drug research stalls

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/04/17/houston-pharma-co-completes-15m-facility-sale-to-m.html

Houston-based Bellicum Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq: BLCM), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on cellular immunotherapies, completed the previously announced sale of a biomanufacturing facility to the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Bellicum sold a 60,000-square-foot biomanufacturing facility with lab and office space at 2130 W. Holcombe Blvd. for $15 million. The sale was completed April 14, according to an April 17 filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The deal was first announced in January.

M.D. Anderson will use the facility both for its internal programs as well as to manufacture Bellicum’s GoCAR offerings and other cellular therapy programs. However, M.D. Anderson informed Bellicum that it has temporarily halted research activity in an effort to contain the ongoing impact of COVID-19 on the cancer center and its patients, per the SEC filing.

That means M.D. Anderson also has halted research activity at the former Bellicum facility, where product candidates for the firm's clinical development programs are manufactured. However, Bellicum does not believe the halt in M.D. Anderson's research activities will have a significant impact on its programs at this time, per the filing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Life Science Plaza At 2130 W. Holcombe Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Life Science Plaza At 2130 W. Holcomb Blvd.
  • 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Life Science Plaza At 2130 West Holcombe Blvd.