https://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/home/design/article/First-look-Houston-s-Giorgetti-building-makes-15628205.php

Update from the Chronicle!  Apparently the building is open and the interior pictures look amazing.  Drove by today and the Giorgetti could really use an HEB mid/highrise across the street.  The empty lot really takes away from the gorgeous building.

"Its subtle, black brick exterior -- the pattern spells out "G-i-o-r-g-e-t-t-i" in binary code -- mimics the black basalt pavers often used in streets throughout Italy, and slabs of brilliant marble speak of the quarries the country is known for."

^also learned this today.

• Like 2

Wow, I find that interior... deeply uncomfortable looking. That's mostly the staging, but the stain on the (let's say real wood) cabinets is deeply awful. 

On the other hand, I *love* the continuation of the floor onto the wall and ceiling in the first photo, but I assume that's a public space? It's genuinely hard to tell, because the staging of that room and the living room further down is equally unnatural and unwelcoming looking. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Giorgetti Houston: Residential Building At 2710 Steel St.
  • 4 months later...
On 10/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, KirbyDriveKid said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/home/design/article/First-look-Houston-s-Giorgetti-building-makes-15628205.php

Update from the Chronicle!  Apparently the building is open and the interior pictures look amazing.  Drove by today and the Giorgetti could really use an HEB mid/highrise across the street.  The empty lot really takes away from the gorgeous building.

"Its subtle, black brick exterior -- the pattern spells out "G-i-o-r-g-e-t-t-i" in binary code -- mimics the black basalt pavers often used in streets throughout Italy, and slabs of brilliant marble speak of the quarries the country is known for."

^also learned this today.

2 years on, have they filled up yet?  If not, why not?

Despite the Italian finishes, the marketing caption in the prior post read "la dulce vita" in Spanish rather than "dolce vita" in Italian, so perhaps the extra remaining market for Latin American condo investors to Houston was the target market and perhaps it has been smaller than the developer had anticipated

They are also very high end condos that happen to be situated across the street from an empty lot. HEB is doing them no favors.

The field is ugly now and risky re future development. Even if I could imagine having that kinda money, I wouldn't drop $2 million into something without knowing what was going to drop in across the street.

I expect whatever HEB does will be nice, ultimately, but it's been a long time... They bought at a time Whole Foods was struggling. Maybe they reconsidered going head to head?

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Giorgetti Houston: Condominium At 2710 Steel St.