The Weird Pink Plant At 610 At Interstate I-10 West

OK, here's a thing that's been bugging me for a while. If you drive on one of the ramps from 610 to I-10, specifically eastbound on 10 (that's near Washington Avenue, not near Northshore). There's a weird pink plant that's there right as the two ramps from 10 merge. At least I think it's a plant and not some sort of weird art installation. Anyone know what this is or if they've ever noticed it?

The spiky bright colored yellow, pink, and orange painted art that you occasionally see/used to see along the freeways and bayous were art put up by a guy named Lee Littlefield.  He died of cancer several years ago, so I believe they are slowly disappearing due to no longer being maintained.

You can see another one on your right if you are on the I-10 westbound mainlanes passing the 610 interchange.

After looking at it in Street View, it became more obvious that it was a sculpture and not a plant, which is why I hastily amended that when I started writing about it.

I kind of like it in a way, though I can imagine that it might fall prey to vandalism sooner or later.

After looking at it in Street View, it became more obvious that it was a sculpture and not a plant, which is why I hastily amended that when I started writing about it.

I kind of like it in a way, though I can imagine that it might fall prey to vandalism sooner or later.

It's been there for a while.

People don't seem to vandal art so much.. There's plenty of freeway columns that are begging to be un-beiged. 

• The title was changed to The Weird Pink Plant At 610 At Interstate I-10 West

Archived