Bank Of America Center At 700 Louisiana St.

Now you can own your own skyscraper. Well, not really. It's a statue. It's a great conversation piece, and looks good on an office desk or a shelf at home.

DSC06915.JPEG

Click here for a larger, more detailed photograph.

(It doesn't really lean -- that's a thing with the camea lens)

This was created by an artist who works at a foundry in Pennsylvania. In his spare time, he creates molds of these skyscrapers by hand, then takes them to work where they're turned into solid brass sculptures. Unfortunately, the process destroys the molds, so there are only five of each created before the mold is ruined. In short -- these are fairly unique.

Further, this is SOLID METAL. He told me it's brass, and I have no reason to doubt him, but I know nothing about metal other than that it's really quite heavy for its size.

This particular one is the Bank of America Center in Houston. It's four and a quarter inches tall. On the four sides of the base it reads Bank of America/Houston/238 M/1983.

When the artist was still making these, they sold on his web site for about $150. I'm only asking $45, plus $8 shipping.

these things are worth a bundle! you should auction them on ebay. if i had the cash i would take them all. models of buildings are uber trendy right now and timeless. these are unique and rare accessories that cannot be found cheaply. if you have an inkling.....buy them all. seriously, BUY THEM ALL.

these things are worth a bundle! you should auction them on ebay. if i had the cash i would take them all. models of buildings are uber trendy right now and timeless. these are unique and rare accessories that cannot be found cheaply. if you have an inkling.....buy them all. seriously, BUY THEM ALL.

When you talk about it like that, it makes me want to keep them.

Seriously, though I am somewhat attached to them, I need the cash more.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Bank Of America Center At 700 Louisiana St.

Archived