Krystal Burger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had my first Krystal burgers. I was impressed with the packaging, the value, and they were good, not great.

I am surprised I just tried them since they are like 5 minutes from me on FM 1960.

So in your opinion, how do they compare to White Castle? Are you familiar with White Castle?

I have been posting on this Krystal Burger thread for 4 years now, and no sign of them coming yet. Does any one have any info on it? We need a new fast food place down here. I wish something like Carl's Jr would come to this area, or Taco Bueno, or In N Out Burger. I thought Houston was getting a Fat Burger in that Target center?

I tried the 1960 location soon after it opened. It was not a good burger. It wasn't even a good weird burger, a la White Castle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection....

We need a second Krystal Burger in Houston... preferably inside the loop. I love Krystal, and I eat at the 1960 location maybe 3 times a year b/c that's the only time I feel like wasting the gas to get here.

There's LOTS of people around Houston who know about Krystal, so let's open some more locations already!!!

Backyard Burger needs to expand more throughout Texas. They blow Whataburger, Krystal, and all the others out the window.

neat I didn't know Backyard Burger was even in Texas. We have those in the Little Rock area where I grew up.

But Krystal is already here, just in a very far-reaching location for some of us. OPEN more in the Houston area!!

• 14 years later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/04/28/krystal-spb-hospitality.html

"Houston-based SPB Hospitality — which owns Logan's Roadhouse, Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom and several other brands — has scooped up yet another restaurant company.

SPB, an affiliate of New York-based Fortress Investment Group LLC, said April 27 it completed the acquisition of The Krystal Co., marking the second time the Atlanta-based fast-food giant has changed hands in three years. Terms of the deal were not disclosed."

2 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2023/04/28/krystal-spb-hospitality.html

"Houston-based SPB Hospitality — which owns Logan's Roadhouse, Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom and several other brands — has scooped up yet another restaurant company.

SPB, an affiliate of New York-based Fortress Investment Group LLC, said April 27 it completed the acquisition of The Krystal Co., marking the second time the Atlanta-based fast-food giant has changed hands in three years. Terms of the deal were not disclosed."

I wonder if they'll try to make another go at running Krystal's here.