KPRC Channel 2 Houston At 8181 Southwest Fwy.

wxman

• 2 weeks later...

Construction has started on the new 60k SF office building for KPRC Channel 2, Houston’s NBC affiliate. The state-of-the-art facility will be at 8181 Southwest Freeway in the Sharpstown District.    KPRC’s new HQ will house all aspects of the broadcast business and more than 180 employees. It's being built 15 feet away from KPRC’s existing broadcast station, allowing critical utilities to be relocated while the station remains active.  The facility will have two new studios with control rooms for broadcasting live news programs, and the building is specially equipped to go live from anywhere on-site. A 9k SF newsroom will be built as an open concept with 14-foot ceilings and exterior windows, giving employees a view into a courtyard that includes seating areas and an outdoor kitchen that will be used for live broadcasts and employee events. KPRC’s new building will have a two-story atrium and staircase in the center of the building to provide natural light and a central meeting location. Additional space will be allocated for the sales department, creative services department, and a new equipment room to process and store all of the network’s data. Corgan is the project architect, DPR Construction is the general contractor and Office of James Burnett is the landscape architect. Completion is slated for February 2017.

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/commercial-real-estate/construction-begins-on-new-kprc-building-55550?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• 3 weeks later...

Will KTMD & KLTJ merge with KPRC, I know NBC owns the spanish affiliation. While on KIAH, KETH will merge with them. BTW, it's been a decade since 47 moved out of the Westpark Drive. KYAZ is now across from KPRC, that explains the story on Kirby Drive, as we know that KTXH moved inside KRIV, since they bought Univision 20, while my 45 vision KXLN, was the last station to retire on Kirby Drive, building a radio station. I assume that KHTV will do the same, with Smile of a Child. Kirby and Westpark has suffered the same fate. Now on El Camino Real in clear lake, KUBE was out, now KLTJ is going away, I know 22 is no longer broadcasting local programming. Any Questions?

Please share your booze with us, so that your posts might make a modicum of sense.

I am still trying to figure out what the hell is "WB 14".

• 1 year later...

First day of the new 5:00 news broadcasting! The new studio looks wonderful!

I have a home audio/video question.  Not the correct forum to ask though. Better suited for AVSForum.

Does anybody else have problems receiving the Dolby Digital 5.1 signal? Last night and today the signal isn't coming in. I just turned to HBO-HD and the Dolby Digital 5.1 signal is working just fine. Does anybody mind checking to see if you have this problem as well? I'd appreciate it!

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 0:37 PM, BigFootsSocks said:

I saw they were at UH last night

According to meteorologist Brooks Garner, after 57 years the KHOU station is rendered unusable.  They will probably have to build new facility at another location.

• 9 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 0:27 PM, htownbro said:

According to meteorologist Brooks Garner, after 57 years the KHOU station is rendered unusable.  They will probably have to build new facility at another location.

Building demoed over the weekend

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/KHOU-property-on-Allen-Parkway-being-sold-to-SCI-12944734.php

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to KPRC Channel 2 Houston Expansion On Highway 59 South
  • The title was changed to KPRC Channel 2 Houston At 8181 Southwest Fwy.

Archived