New Facilities Place Houston Life Sciences ‘At The Cusp Of The Horizon’ (bisnow.com)

"CEOs are also enticed by tours highlighting how close their employees could live to work, as that improves recruitment capabilities, she said, adding the Houston region is doing a good job of building those kinds of places.

On the subject of tours, Bovermann said once she can get prospects and scientists to Helix Park, they are impressed by the amenities, which include collaboration space.

“Scientists come, over 20 at a time, and [they] see the parks, they see the amenity floor where they can come, take a break and just walk out on a terrace,” Bovermann said. “They’re just like, ‘Wow.’”

At the TMC3 Collaborative building, an atrium space with a 21-foot-tall LED screen is already booked for the next year despite still being built out."

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

^^^ @Highrise Tower props my cool pal, for the OUTSTANDING illustrations posted above.  i am LOVING those gorgeous (water-wall seats) in the pedestrian area of TMC/HELIX PARK.  what a cool, soothing, and very innovative idea/design.  dude, you ROCK!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Highrise Tower said:

My visit to TMC Helix Park this weekend.  I must, continue, to say wow! What an amazing development. There are now information kiosks scattered around. The graphics appear to have a new 2024 TMC Helix Park Master Plan!  The rendering indicates a bunch of parcels are outlined in orange. They are labeled as under construction, but I believe under construction just qualifies as a construction fence.

One thing to note. The rendering still indicates the parking garage will, eventually, have a retail wing.

JIzVTaP.jpeg

19FvyVI.jpeg

JTPQ0bI.jpeg

XT64vAw.jpeg

The 4th park's water features are just, absolutely, incredible. Mikyoung Kim Design did an outstanding job here.  The water fountain is cascading a curved steep.

aqEQ2PW.jpeg

I7ohOZ7.jpeg

XNmOTEo.jpeg

TcyuAVb.jpeg

wow!

tYNeznh.jpeg

Looking downward, the other side. Hard to tell but that's running water.

15lu8vi.jpeg

Dynamic One. Just an awesome looking building!

sViS7H6.jpeg

Nice pics.   Not sure if you changed cameras or changed how you upload images but I can no longer view your images on my Apple tablets.  I can see them just fine on my Android phone.   I have this same problem with other blogs.  

I can see everyone else's images just fine on my Apple tablets.   🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

^^^ amazing fountains.  amazing everything.  however, i just cannot wait to see the reveal of the hotel brand.  the consistent monotonous suspense is becoming a bit unbearable...

• Thanks 1

I remember at one point the renderings had only the area within the Helix as parkland, with buildings lining the full way. Now I see a surface parking lot and two parcels of landscaped park where buildings had once been planned.

Is this the new permanent vision? Or are they placeholders until they get organic demand for the other parcels?

I'm sure the additional park areas will be nice (can't say the same for the surface lot), but there's a lot to be said for an enclosed park, especially in a city as sweltering as ours. Would be really cool to see residential over GFR eventually fill in those three parcels.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, steve1363 said:

Nice pics.   Not sure if you changed cameras or changed how you upload images but I can no longer view your images on my Apple tablets.  I can see them just fine on my Android phone.   I have this same problem with other blogs.  

I can see everyone else's images just fine on my Apple tablets.   🤷‍♂️

Works fine on my devices, including an iPad.  

Checked with:

• MacBook Pro (M2)
  • MacBook Pro (2018)
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • Samsung Galaxy (an older one)

And various combinations of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, plus Safari, Firefox, and Duck.  

Seems to be something with your iPad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

There are now information kiosks scattered around. The graphics appear to have a new 2024 TMC Helix Park Master Plan! 

I assume you drove there, but do you have any sense of how far it is from the Red Line?  One of my doctors might move there, and I'd rather change doctors than have to take an Uber down there.  (If I'm visiting this particular doctor, walking is difficult, and driving is not an option.)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, editor said:

Works fine on my devices, including an iPad.  

Checked with:

• MacBook Pro (M2)
  • MacBook Pro (2018)
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • Samsung Galaxy (an older one)

And various combinations of AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, plus Safari, Firefox, and Duck.  

Seems to be something with your iPad.

It might be a Google Chrome issue.  I have the same issue on two separate Ipads.  I switched to Safari, however, and the problem doesn’t exist.

Something changed to create this issue.  Oh well…

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, editor said:

I assume you drove there, but do you have any sense of how far it is from the Red Line?  One of my doctors might move there, and I'd rather change doctors than have to take an Uber down there.  (If I'm visiting this particular doctor, walking is difficult, and driving is not an option.)

It's a 10-15min walk from TMCTC, and not a terribly comfortable one as of now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, steve1363 said:

It might be a Google Chrome issue.  I have the same issue on two separate Ipads.  I switched to Safari, however, and the problem doesn’t exist.

Something changed to create this issue.  Oh well…

Chrome won’t load images for me from time to time. Both iPad and PC. Then it’ll just fix itself then break again. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2024 at 6:44 AM, 004n063 said:

I remember at one point the renderings had only the area within the Helix as parkland, with buildings lining the full way. Now I see a surface parking lot and two parcels of landscaped park where buildings had once been planned.

Is this the new permanent vision? Or are they placeholders until they get organic demand for the other parcels?

Those areas are planned for future phases, I believe Phase III in particular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, __nevii said:

I know the perfect way reframe TMC3:

"Bringing new volumes to the life sciences" 😉

Very nerdy.  I approve.

I guess using TMC³ on a sign is cheaper than using "TMC TMC TMC."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My visit to TMCHP this weekend.

There is pedestrian activity! There was an event with food and merchandise.  This is a very good thing that people are starting to notice this amazing park. The park is kind of hidden. Hoping that the 30 to 40 story hotel tower will make TMC3 stand out from afar.   

There is actually all sorts of activities that go on here. Check out the official website for a weekly schedule!

https://www.helixpark.com/

zkLWPmH.jpeg

Don't want to get anyone excited but there is utility work going on outside the hotel parcel.  Fingers crossed something happens soon!

kpzHXeT.jpeg

Dynamic One was touched up again. Now the base exterior paint matches with the rest of the building.  Looking good!!

AHzSj2Z.jpeg

XeLuJw6.jpeg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

My visit to TMCHP this weekend.

There is pedestrian activity! There was an event with food and merchandise.  This is a very good thing that people are starting to notice this amazing park. The park is kind of hidden. Hoping that the 30 to 40 story hotel tower will make TMC3 stand out from afar.   

There is actually all sorts of activities that go on here. Check out the official website for a weekly schedule!

https://www.helixpark.com/

My only issue is that it's still very awkward to get to. Any chance of a connection to the Brays Bayou trail? Or a better connection to the red line?

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 7:47 AM, 004n063 said:

My only issue is that it's still very awkward to get to. Any chance of a connection to the Brays Bayou trail? Or a better connection to the red line?

Several of the master plan renderings include a bridge across Braeswood leading onto Brays Bayou Trail. However, I think they are just visionary, I don't think that it's actually planned.  Maybe upon final build-out in 10 years from now?

This would be an excellent idea! People walking a long the Brays Bayou Trail could take a bridge to TMC Helix Park.  Let's get on it..

Renderings featuring the bridge.

m7UsDeh.jpeg

EkWtu50.png

pXWs6Uv.jpeg

• Like 5