1 hour ago, stuckINdallas said:

It's an outstanding project, but they've only delivered a fraction of what was promised while cities like Dallas eat our cookies. 

And what has Dallas promised that actually lived up to the hype? Yeah they secured the 2 billion..project but that will be spread across three different cities including  Houston.. so ultimately it became more of a bragging right, than a tangible  game changer... 

Meanwhile  TMC Helix is still in early build out 

Edited by Moore-to-it
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, __nevii said:

That post genuinely confused me as well. Is something bad happening regarding this project (and TMC3 as a whole?). Would be quite sudden if so, given the branding + proposed missions.

Nothing bad is happening.  Phase I has delivered, MDA and UTH are now under construction on their buildings.  We shall see when the remaining institutions start building, and the other "industry" buildings by Beacon Capital will obviously be driven by demand which there's barely any new Office buildings getting capitalized around the country right now.  I expect the hotel mixed-use will get legs when rates and prices come down.

Dallas has nothing that comes close to the scale and magnitude of a project like this from a life science front.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Nothing bad is happening.  Phase I has delivered, MDA and UTH are now under construction on their buildings.  We shall see when the remaining institutions start building, and the other "industry" buildings by Beacon Capital will obviously be driven by demand which there's barely any new Office buildings getting capitalized around the country right now.  I expect the hotel mixed-use will get legs when rates and prices come down.

Dallas has nothing that comes close to the scale and magnitude of a project like this from a life science front.

I suspect the Parcel B building (Texas A&M's site that was announced last year to be a joint project with UH) will get moving now that UH has a source of funding for it (the new Texas University Fund), although it is not yet on UH's capital plan (it is on Texas A&M's).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, all that makes sense. I keep forgetting that this project is strictly pertaining to TMC3, whereas the "BioPort" is a nearby, but distinct initiative (that also is related to TMC's expansion).

But I will say this — eliminating parking mandates citywide will probably be the most crucial thing for the city to do in order to maintain the "competitive edge" that the posters might have been alluding to. I hope whoever wins the mayoral election takes the issue seriously.

Edited by __nevii
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, LosFeliz said:

The buildings are quite striking. It's disappointing that the hotel and residential don't seem to have footing. 

The one thing that sticks out to me is the surface parking lot. Ugh. What parcel did that go on? 

ChannelTwoNews just posted a good visual that shows it. Parcel A. Temporary 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:52 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

47kWFO3.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Random question that just occurred to me - seems like Methodist is the biggest med center player that is not involved (as far as I know) with Helix park - is there a reason they aren't involved?  Do they not do as much research as the others and are more clinical focused?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...