The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.

MarathonMan

1 hour ago, cspwal said:

http://www.thehamiltondowntown.com

The website is up.  Looks like they are charging the same rent as block 334 - I guess they're not going to try to undercut the market at all.  I don't know about spending $1400 a month minimum on an apartment next to the freeway and a ½ mile walk to anything else in downtown

But, think of the business opportunities here!

"and with tonight's downtown traffic report, our remote reporter John Smith is right in the middle of the action.  John, how is it out there?"

"well, Mary, my view of the Peirce shows slow traffic tonight......."

a man could make a nice living by renting there......

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, lithiumaneurysm said:

Via reddit:

The Hamilton's location is similar to apartments in high-density areas that face major thoroughfares.  I've seen them in China, Chicago, etc., but to have constructed this--w/ balconies no less--in Houston at this point is absurd. We are not that dense...yet.

Edited by quietstorm

I'd imagine they probably didn't intend to lease that side and assumed someone eventually may rent a unit and they'll get some extra cash. If anything they probably just assumed those units are sound buffers for the rest of the building (which is probably nicer than this unit).

• 4 months later...

I'm gonna guess there are either laws with the city or guidelines with the apartments, but I'm willing to bet someone would pay for the advertising space on that balcony.  Something like a banner hanging on the railing could probably bring in some side cash.  Annnnd these are things that I think about smh

Edited by nate4l1f3
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to The Hamilton Apartments At 1800 St. Joseph Pkwy.