Felix Mexican Restaurants

sevfiv

The Felix arches can still be seen in a few buildings (except the Bissonnet location). The downtown Main St. and Beaumont locations are gone. More here: http://arch-ive.org/archive/felix-mexican-restaurant/

Rice Village:

felix-village.jpg

Westheimer:

felix-westheimer.jpg

Telephone (no older picture):

felix-telephone.jpg

W. Bird (Pasadena):

felix-w-bird.jpg

Bissonnet:

felix-bissonnet.jpg

• Like 1

Right on, Subdude. That Vitamin Shoppe is a crying shame. The building on Westheimer makes me sick too. It's been stripped way down from its former glory as Felix's, and still doesn't seem right without the sign out front.

Hey what's that little building to the right of Felix's in the original Westheimer pic? I don't remember that, but it obviously is/was part of Felix's at one point. Kinda looks like a one car garage like we had in the Heights.

Hey what's that little building to the right of Felix's in the original Westheimer pic? I don't remember that, but it obviously is/was part of Felix's at one point. Kinda looks like a one car garage like we had in the Heights.

It looks like the writing on the building says "Banquet Room" although I could be wrong.

That's what it says! Could not make it out on the phone to save my life. Thanks SpaceGhost, good eye.

Guess I never noticed it back there behind the main building. The Montrose was always "too far" for us to go for Mexican food when I was growing up, especially with the Mexicatessen right up the road from us on Crosstimbers. Now that could place could be a thread all its own, if it's not already. ♥

Right on, Subdude. That Vitamin Shoppe is a crying shame. The building on Westheimer makes me sick too. It's been stripped way down from its former glory as Felix's, and still doesn't seem right without the sign out front.

The Westheimer location has the picture today to what it looked like in the 1960s. Even though it remained open until circa 2008, I'm betting that the building itself had fallen into disrepair and had removed some of the more attractive elements from years ago.

• The title was changed to Felix Mexican Restaurants