Cougar Den Center: Retail Center At 4701 Calhoun Rd.

Hey guys, some of you know I've been working on opening a coffee shop for a few years now, well, I'm very happy to say now, it opened Friday!

We of course have coffee, but our other drinks include juices that are freshly squeezed on site, we also have beer and wine. For the beer, where possible, it's Houston local, or Texas local.

We have pastries from Riviera bakery on fountain view, cake from take the cake, regular cookies and vegan cookies from sinful bakery.

Our roaster is a uh alum, Katz coffee, we also feature single origin roasted from various different rosters around the country.

Ian Armstrong designed it (another uh alum), and we feature artwork from students on campus.

Hope some of you guys get a chance to come enjoy it, especially those of you who work on campus, or live nearby, we definitely designed the shop with the campus in mind, but I also know (living in the east end) that there's very limited options on this side of town for a cup of coffee and I had that in mind when designing the space :-)

Heh, I guess that's important stuff ;-)

4701 Calhoun, ste 150, hou/tx 77004. Basically, right next to China star, across from post grad housing, and near law and business college.

Hours are m-f 7am - midnight. Saturday 7am - 1am. Sunday 8am - midnight.

• The title was changed to New Coffee Shop On The University of Houston Campus
  • The title was changed to Cougar Den Center: Retail Center At 4701 Calhoun Rd.

Archived