Too Many Sub-Forums/Categories?

arche_757

For the record: I joined way, way back in version 1.0 and have been here and there on this board since.  I lost interest with the v2.0 re-boot (and got real busy post-school)...

My one complaintsuggestion:  There are now 50 sub-forums with countless threads contained therein.  I think we could maybe streamline some a bit and help forum members nagivate back to some of the less visited threads?

Perhaps this has already been discussed ad nauseam, or just avoided all together because so many different members have asked for this new sub-forum or that?

I'm just asking/talking, and in no way trying to offend anyone here who has worked on bringing this website to life, and keeping it running.  I don't want to seem unhappy or displeased with how the forum is, I'm not.  I am merely throwing this out there for discussion.

Thanks.

For the record: I joined way, way back in version 1.0 and have been here and there on this board since.  I lost interest with the v2.0 re-boot (and got real busy post-school)...

My one complaintsuggestion:  There are now 50 sub-forums with countless threads contained therein.  I think we could maybe streamline some a bit and help forum members nagivate back to some of the less visited threads?

Perhaps this has already been discussed ad nauseam, or just avoided all together because so many different members have asked for this new sub-forum or that?

I'm just asking/talking, and in no way trying to offend anyone here who has worked on bringing this website to life, and keeping it running.  I don't want to seem unhappy or displeased with how the forum is, I'm not.  I am merely throwing this out there for discussion.

Thanks.

The most common request I get is for more subfora, not fewer.  But there's always room for improvement.  Which categories do you think should be merged?

Montrose/Museum District

Real Estate/Houston Construction, Home Repair, and Improvement

I think International Houston/The Arts in Houston/Dinning, Shopping and Entertainment could be merged into "Houston Culture"? 

Just some ideas.  Nothing to jump out after.  Thanks for spending as much time with this as you have over the many years.

*Note* I just discovered that one can minimize a sub forum!  Brilliant!

Alternatively, more subforums?  There was some discussion about whether Going Up should have some sub-categories to make it easier to navigate.  This could be residential v non-residential, Inside the Loop and Outside, Inside the Beltway and Outside, etc. 

Or is it OK the way it is?

Thoughts?

Subdude - that would be ok.  That is currently the most popular forum topic at the moment.  Maybe "Loop" and "Out of Loop" would be ok?  I kind of pay way more attention to the bigger projects going on inside our core than the ones breaking ground along feeder roads in Katy.

Yeah I prefer how going up is now, it just needs to be cleaned (few threads can be merged, moved, deleted). The only sub-category I would like is a "Completed Projects" section. Also, how about a slide show of renderings for each topic, between the title of the topic and the first post? It's better than going through pages to look for them.

Archived