Clear Lake Theatre At 16602 El Camino Real

iliketurtles

That's it.  I was depending on Google for the address, which was wrong. 

After the theatre shut down (early 80's, if I remember correctly), it was a night club --Coconuts for a while, then Premier, and some others.  The Chinese food place moved in around 2000. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure this became a bar in the late 90's/early 2000's.  I think it was called Piggy Bank or Stock Exchange, Borrowed Money?  Something like that.

Yeah in the late 90s it was the Stock Exchange (and this document calls it the Stock Exchange in Wall Street: http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/b/d/h/bdh14c00/Sbdh14c00.pdf)

Yeah in the late 90s it was the Stock Exchange (and this document calls it the Stock Exchange in Wall Street: http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/documentStore/b/d/h/bdh14c00/Sbdh14c00.pdf)

Wallstreet was operating as 3 clubs in one.   Piggy Bank was the pub/live music venue in front, the upper level in the back was a top 40 dance club (if I remember correctly that was Stock Exchange), and there was a country western bar in the middle (I think it was called Easy Money). 

• Like 1

I'm going to assume that you deliberately misspelled that as a joke, and I'm assuming you know the title was "The Andromeda Strain." 

Since you say you were there with your date, maybe you and she didn't pay much attention to the movie.

I mispelled it joking because I didn't know how to spell it then, just like I don't know how to spell it now.

One thing funny about that date I was with: She was pretty shy and quiet back then, but after talking to an old buddy of mine recently, was informed that she has spent some time in jail through the years. Who'd of figured!

I don't know anything about the Clear Lake theater location. But I do know that the AMC - Cinema at Baybrook Mall looked just like the earlier, larger locations, Meyerland, Gulfgate, Northline. Had star patterned, linoleum walls and sixties style mini white tiles with an occasional splash of color, orange, turquoise, etc. in the restrooms and that scarlet carpet in the lobby. Trademark look. Thought it was so fancy.  

• The title was changed to Clear Lake Theatre At 16602 El Camino Real