METRORail Ideas

TowerSpotter

Grass would be aesthetically pleasing. 

Standard ballast and ties would prevent people from illegally driving on the tracks.  Seemed like a no-brianer to me, but oh well. 

Grade seperation is another great idea.  Rode the rail downtown yesterday and it was so awfully slow.  And I honestly don't like the look of a street downtown with rail in the middle.  But that's just me. 

Didn't Metro Select Steven Holl Architects to design Central Station, Downtown, for the new Line? Is this rendering still the design that we can anticipate?  Holl is also working on the new mfaH wing...which is very exciting. 

SHoP_Architects_1.jpg

I am not sure this is the final, although I prefer this out of all the other designs.

I still say that when they rebuild the Macy's building as something else, the tracks should (ever so briefly) descend to the lower level to provide basement/tunnel access to the new building, then rise back up to street level. 

To me, I want Main Street restored, but it will probably never happen.

I still say that when they rebuild the Macy's building as something else, the tracks should (ever so briefly) descend to the lower level to provide basement/tunnel access to the new building, then rise back up to street level.

To me, I want Main Street restored, but it will probably never happen.

I would much rather see the trains run subterranean through all of downtown with access at tunnel level instead of street level, but I really don't have any idea whether that's actually viable.

I would much rather see the trains run subterranean through all of downtown with access at tunnel level instead of street level, but I really don't have any idea whether that's actually viable.

The more I think about it, the train should be elevated with the HOT lane underneath.  288 is too prone to flooding.

Completely agree.  That would be the most ideal situation and most convenient for commuters.  To be able to exit the train and go straight into tunnels to their buildings. 

But you'd have to reconfigure the tunnel network around stations and it would cost a fortune. 

• The title was changed to METRORail Ideas

Archived