East End Grocery

I know this isnt the appropriate place for this, but i cant really find a subforum more suitable. are there any plans for grocery or farmers market in the East End? i know there is a "food truck park" proposal, but thats about it.

Sadly, there is no new grocery store going up in the east end, but we sorely need one. I would like to see Kroger or Fiesta step up and put in a new large full service store somewhere in east downtown/greater Eastwood or the 2nd ward. Lots of space to choose from!  Seems there is critical mass of new residents to float it, plus third ward from across 45 as well as folks in downtown proper would shop there. I am so over Gulfgate HEB. 

There used to be an HEB in the strip center across from Eastwood Park.  I believe it was at Harrisburg and Adams.  I shopped there often.

Then, HEB moved out 45 south to Bellfort in the building that is now Northern Tool.  I also made the drive to this location.

When they opened the large new store in Gulfgate, I was there the first week.  Then, slowly the store seemed to slide downward. 

Now, I am completely disillusioned with HEB at Gulfgate.  That store is no longer "my HEB". 

I've shopped HEB in different locations and in different towns and none is quite like Gulfgate. 

For a period of time the gulfgate heb was the only place you could shop to club hits of the 80s. I would brave the 15 to 30 minute wait in line for this alone. No longer though.

I've actually given up on boycotting kombat Kroger until they clean it up and started going there mostly.

I guess they won the battle of attrition.

The produce is surprisingly fresh considering the rest of the store, which is what I'm most interested in anyway.

I've got quite a few people hooked on the 99 cent store at Lawndale and 75th. for basic stuff it can't be beat.

Agree, I love those 99 cent cartons of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc.    It's the same size carton that HEB has at $2.98.

• The title was changed to East End Grocery

Archived