Megabus is coming to Houston

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hrm... hard to beat $1 from Houston to dallas... but why would you want to go there in the first place?

Some people have been known to believe that Dallas gets all the cool projects while considering Houston 600 sq miles of ghetto. Personally, I can't see it, but some people seem to believe that. Those are the kind of people that probably want to go to Dallas.

Some people have been known to believe that Dallas gets all the cool projects while considering Houston 600 sq miles of ghetto. Personally, I can't see it, but some people seem to believe that. Those are the kind of people that probably want to go to Dallas.

I prefer my 600 square nautical miles of ghetto.

Not that it would make a difference for riding the bus, but I think there is only one gas station in all of Dallas.

Not that it would make a difference for riding the bus, but I think there is only one gas station in all of Dallas.

and their icee machine is always broken. Plus, the restroom is out back and the key to it is sunk in the end of a baseball bat.

and their icee machine is always broken. Plus, the restroom is out back and the key to it is sunk in the end of a baseball bat.

And it is located on Industrial Blvd. down the street from the Lew Sterrett Justice Center...well, at least it was until they renamed it Riverfront Blvd.

Not running in Austin apparently. City won't let them have the stop.

Where did you hear this? They are still selling tix to Austin right now ($1 seats next friday AM which i randomly searched) and show the stop on the edge of campus north of downtown.

Saw a bus yesterday on Clay picking people up but don't know the destination...

Hrm... hard to beat $1 from Houston to dallas... but why would you want to go there in the first place?

so... this is still just another bus service... right? i checked their site and did not see any tickets for $1.

You didn't? I just checked on a bus for tomorrow to Dallas and it was $1. How hard did you look?

Where did you hear this? They are still selling tix to Austin right now ($1 seats next friday AM which i randomly searched) and show the stop on the edge of campus north of downtown.

Saw a bus yesterday on Clay picking people up but don't know the destination...

KVUE

Well, well, well. Aren't the hippies quite the upstart business killer! When you have a problem with loading luggage on a public street, you lose ALL claim to the 'weird' label. You do, however, own title to the label of 'snobby bastages'.

I saw a double-decker Tuesday evening coming from I-10 East to 45-South, presumably to downtown. I'm guessing this is the bus from New Orleans? Does anyone know what types of buses are going to Dallas, San Antonio, Austin(maybe?)....just curious as I bought tickets to Dallas for the June/July weekend and the kid in me is hoping it's a double decker!

I saw a double-decker Tuesday evening coming from I-10 East to 45-South, presumably to downtown. I'm guessing this is the bus from New Orleans? Does anyone know what types of buses are going to Dallas, San Antonio, Austin(maybe?)....just curious as I bought tickets to Dallas for the June/July weekend and the kid in me is hoping it's a double decker!

The downtown stop is right below and across the street from my office. One, it looks like it has been nothing but double-decker buses and two, there has been a TON of people lined up to board (even in the rain) for the last couple of days.

They're all double deckers with electricity and (sometimes sketchy) wifi.

I'm on the bus right now coming back from San Antonio. Both buses came on time and the wifi works excellent. Best $1.50 investment ever.

Slick, where exactly is the dropoff in downtown SA? the map on the Megabus site shows Broadway and 4th, which Google map shows as a Travelodge parking lot, 6 or so blocks from the River Walk.

Slick, where exactly is the dropoff in downtown SA? the map on the Megabus site shows Broadway and 4th, which Google map shows as a Travelodge parking lot, 6 or so blocks from the River Walk.

There's a parking lot on the corner of broadway and 4th. About a 10 minute walk from Alamo. Also various city buses can take you to riverwalk from there also including one of the trolley lines.

There's a parking lot on the corner of broadway and 4th. About a 10 minute walk from Alamo. Also various city buses can take you to riverwalk from there also including one of the trolley lines.

thx. that's a good enough drop off point for me, since I usually stay on the R walk when I'm in SA.

• 1 month later...

Archived