Megabus is coming to Houston

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of lots and garages in the area that will give a monthly rate, but I don't know of one where you can park for a few days. Most of them require that you put your money in each day. The easiest thing to do might be to just hop a Metro bus downtown to Downtown Transit Center, which is right next to the new Megabus stop on Pierce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So I took megabus 6 times in the last couple of months. Houston-San Antonio 3 times, San Antonio-Houston once, San Antonio-Austin, Austin-Houston.

Every time the bus was on time. It showed up at least 15 minutes early of departure. What I noticed is that during traffic times they would send an empty bus from the warehouse instead of waiting on a bus from another city.

The fares have gone up since last year, the cheapest ticket I got was $2 one way, ranging up to $13, but $2 was 2 months in advance and $13 was a couple of days before.

The majority of the people tend to be students and young people in general, or just people looking for a bargain.

There has been a stop to Katy added for Austin and San Antonio buses, which is annoying because it adds 30 minutes to the ride, but makes sense to try to fill up the buses.

All in all a great experience,

Archived