how often do you log on to HAIF?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you log on to HAIF?

• once a day?
    • once a week?
    • once a month?
    • every now and then?
    • logged on all the time?
    • several times a day (the boss is wondering why your slacking)?
    • wake up in the night to see what's being said?

i have a boring job that requires little or no attention. my creative self is withering as we speak. i log on when i check emails in the morning, after i arrive at work, when work gets slow and at the end of the day when i come home, i log on again.....and occasionally i log on when i treat myself to a good red wine. am i just a HAIF geek or are more of you enjoying the site as much or more?

Bach-

You should check out www.woodlandsonline.com for a little spice in your life!

Their forums are a riot to read, and they have great classifieds. There's always a list of activities on everything going on in the South Montgomery County area and plenty of organizations that could use some intelligent, well-spoken volunteer like you!

Guest danax
i have a boring job that requires little or no attention.  my creative self is withering as we speak.  i log on when i check emails in the morning, after i arrive at work, when work gets slow and at the end of the day when i come home, i log on again.....and occasionally i log on when i treat myself to a good red wine.  am i just a HAIF geek or are more of you enjoying the site as much or more?

Sorry to hear you have a boring job. An obvious waste of talent. I feel the same way. I've been disciplining myself to not log on at while at work but I check in the morning and evenings, and maybe at lunch.

yes, any "built environment" (read, construction, real estate, developer, builders,e tc) employers who need an office manager, assistant or buyer...i'm your man. i will live, eat, sleep your business...and i excel at communication, oral and written. ;)

oh, and thanks for the woodlandsonline tip pineda. i've been there but i have yet to visit the forums. will do.

If only there were a flood of projects coming out to drool over, I check this board often, and everytime I'm hoping to see some new project announced, and everyonce in awhile there is! I bet the Las Vegas and Miami forums are hopping.

I logged in several times a day because I've been on a *6* week vacation. so there! :P

I'm about to start work again, so I'm going back to logging on once a day or so. :(

But I'm sure some of you will be happy so I will stop spamming the board. :D

Ricco

you know pineda? if i were employed by the woodlands i'd have a serious conflict of interest. as much as i believe the woodlands would benefit from the grand parkway project and as much as i wish for personal property rights to be protected (knowing of your struggle), it would be hard for me to be objective. any time the grand parkway project issue comes up, i think of you.....losing your home. i don't wish for you to lose your home, but i like the thought of having an easy freeway, connector close to me.

articles that kind of explain the division of power in the woodlands

You know, I read in the press that Sherman Yehl got fired, but after reading his job description, it makes me wonder how he could have worn so many different hats. I understand through reading in the press that he was only in his post for two years in the woodlands and before that he was with west university. Was he a big proponent of the Grand Parkway project or was he primarily concerned with the prospect of annexation?

A. Bola Akande, former Assistant to the President of The Woodlands Community Service Corporation, has been named Assistant City Manager for Richmond Heights, Missouri, effective May 2.

Maybe A. Bola's job position would be more up your alley...

I have little 10-15 minute lulls throughout my day that I use to check on this site and make my comments. You may have noticed I don't really make many comments after 4:30pm or on the weekend.

i just speak my mind. try to be a part of the forum.

I found that this has been one of the best forums i have ever been a part of. Every other forum I've been in has become a shouting match (i.e. Skyscrapercity).

by the way, you have some good posts too, and many other people on this forum have really great things to say and there points of view really make this place a good way to discuss our interests.

I guess almost all the time. I usually look at it when I first get on and then keep it in a tab while I look at other stuff checking back every 30 mins. or so. I spend alot of time here.

Oh yeah just wondering how do most of you view this forum? Do you just go through the individual forums or use the view new posts button? Personally I like to use the latter.

i have a boring job that requires little or no attention
Check
my creative self is withering as we speak

Check

i log on when i check emails in the morning, after i arrive at work, when work gets slow and at the end of the day when i come home, i log on again
Check. Check. Check.

Well, count me among the geeks! :D

i do enjoy your posts kjb, keep 'em coming

Yes, same here.

And thank you Bachanon.

thank you for the compliment.  we owe our esteemed moderators and our editor thanks for keeping it real around here. thanks guys!  :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Members such as yourself make moderator duties a pleasure. I'm impressed by the thoughtfulness, civility and knowledge of the majority of HAIF members. I've found the community has been, for the most part, self-regulating. Only in the most blatant cases of abuse have we had to step in.

A confession: I no longer read every post on the Forum. At one time I felt it was my duty; however, due to time restraints (and my antiquated dial-up internet connection) I'm no longer able to do so. A pity, because there's so much good information here.

However, I think it's important to have diverse sources of information - and also, to occasionally pry myself off the internet and experience the 'real' world. If someone knows how to cram more than 24 hours into a day, please let me know.

What I like about this board really is the fact that the mods don't have big heads. I know some groups who have their favorites and no matter what those favorites do they can get away with anything.

But I like the fact a mod is almost on all the time too!

and the no shouting match thing too!! I hate it when people come on here and think they can start sh** and rile up other people on here.

I also hate spammers on boards too!

I LOVE the pictures (to show off to people who aren't from here too!!)

:)

Alot of downtown Houston reminds me of Toronto's "Queen St." :)

What I like about this board really is the fact that the mods don't have big heads. I know some groups who have their favorites and no matter what those favorites do they can get away with anything.

But I like the fact a mod is almost on all the time too!

and the no shouting match thing too!! I hate it when people come on here and think they can start sh** and rile up other people on here.

I also hate spammers on boards too!

I LOVE the pictures (to show off to people who aren't from here too!!)

:)

Alot of downtown Houston reminds me of Toronto's "Queen St." :)

I agree with you 110%

i get on here as much as i can...but working 7-4 in a warehoue during the day and then taking care of my baby girl at night can be rather time consuming...its always good to log on and see whats going on around town though...

I get on here about 3 times a day. This is probably one of the best forums I have been too, because everyone treats everyone else with respect, no mater what their age.

When I log in I usually just click the Active threads button on the bottom of the site.

I used to check here hourly but now I log in about 3 times a day during the week and check new posts. I probably read about 1 in 4 posts just because I don't feel I have the time to read it all.

I have alot of favorite posters and I tend to look for their posts. I probably reigned in my reading here some about the time 27 took off.

I get on here about 3 times a day. This is probably one of the best forums I have been too, because everyone treats everyone else with respect, no mater what their age.

When I log in I usually just click the Active threads button on the bottom of the site.

Hey, you punk! Get off of our forum and go back to playing video games!

jk Talbot. We enjoy having you and your posts here, and especially getting a teens view on things.

Archived