Audi Central Houston At 2120 Southwest Fwy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How did this one turn out? Last time I was in Houston, I had to exit, make a u-turn and drive back around just to admire it! That was back in mid-February! 

Aside from large multi-use developments (CityCentre, River Oaks District, BLVD Place, etc) and high rises, developments off the freeway are my favorites! It helps with the character of a city.

Edited by drecey
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Sorry, it's too late now to take a good picture. Anyway, most of the structure is complete. They are just adding extras to the facade. I work all day tomorrow but maybe I can snap a picture this weekend if anyone else doesn't get it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just recently noticed how closely this resembles the Audi dealership along Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, which was apparently opened in November last year and billed as the world's biggest Audi dealership.  

opening-of-audi-terminal-in-dubai_100410

Reading the article about the opening of the one in Dubai, apparently this is one of Audi's new "terminal" dealerships

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140307/RETAIL07/140309853/audi-superstore-opened-by-sonic-in-houston

The store was built on the southwest side of Houston for about $25 million and has interior capacity for more than 300 vehicles. The facility also has 30 service bays, nine inspection bays, two alignment bays and an automated car wash.

V2-140309853.jpg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Momemtum Audi: 7-Story Dealership On Shepherd At Highway 59
  • 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I wonder what kind work they are doing? It's only 8 years old.

xlcYgm0.png

Someone from Sonic Automotive told me awhile back that the area where they wash cars in the garage was leaking. Maybe it's repairing that. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Momemtum Audi: 7-Story Dealership On Shepherd At Highway 69
  • The title was changed to Audi Central Houston At 2120 Southwest Freeway
  • The title was changed to Audi Central Houston At 2120 Southwest Fwy.
  • 10 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 10:41 AM, kennyc05 said:

Someone from Sonic Automotive told me awhile back that the area where they wash cars in the garage was leaking. Maybe it's repairing that. 

Next Door says that the garage is sinking and unsafe. Supposedly they are suing the builder. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...