Courtesy of Ms Sarnoff at the Chronicle:

A local developer has purchased a vacant 10-story office building in Greenway Plaza and is turning it into luxury apartments.

The project, Metropole, will have nearly 300 units when completed near the end of 2006. Cambridge Development Group is building it.

The office at 3616 Richmond is being renovated into 150 apartments. A four-story struc-

ture will be built on adjacent land with 139 units.

Link

REAL ESTATE

New apartments to fill vacant space

A local developer has purchased a vacant 10-story office building in Greenway Plaza and is turning it into luxury apartments.

The project, Metropole, will have nearly 300 units when completed near the end of 2006. Cambridge Development Group is building it.

The office at 3616 Richmond is being renovated into 150 apartments. A four-story struc-

ture will be built on adjacent land with 139 units.

Rental rates have not been disclosed. Humphreys & Partners Architects is designing the project. Live Oak Capital arranged the financing.

535_Elevation2_copy.jpg

This is the building that will be rennovated...

535_Building_Image.jpg

from H-town on SSC

• Like 1

There were some ho-hum office buildings adjacent to it (on the northeast corner of Edloe and Richmond) that were torn down not too long ago.  I guess that's where the lowrises pictured above will go.

actually, that's morgan's deal.

Chron article

Morgan Group is tearing down a small office building at the corner of Edloe and Richmond to develop a high-end apartment complex.

When completed in 2006, the project will have 295 units with rents averaging $1.40 per square foot, about $1,400 a month for a 1,000-foot unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's ready to go.

Realty News Report

Find the address down on the page - it's under "June 20, 2005."

From the page:

"The developer is Cambridge Development.  KeyBank Real Estate Capital is financing the bulilding. Financing was arranged by John Fenoglio and Kelvin Wascom of Live Oak Capital. "

New Cambridge Development, 10101 Harwin Drive - Houston, TX

^- Anyone know if this is them? I can't find a webpage, only Yellowpages listing.

• Like 1

As seen under "Houston Deals" of Ralph Bivins new blog:

HOUSTON -- The Houston Association of Realtors

has compiled a vast database tracking the industrial real estate market in the Greater Houston area.

More than 6,400 industrial properties ranging from small warehouses to large manufacturing buildings with powerful overhead cranes are in the association's detailed catalog. The database is compiled by researchers in HAR's Commercial Gateway division  , www.commgate.com, and it is updated every 90 days. The survey provides many details about each industrial building,such as the date it was built, how much space is available and how to contact the leasing agent. The HAR recently partnered with the Houston Business Journal to publish an Industrial Leasing Guide.

• Like 1

As seen under "Houston Deals" of Ralph Bivins new blog:

I see. :D

I drove past the building on my way to lunch. They're already gutting the place and look like they've been doing so for awhile now. I wish I had my new phone, or I would've taken pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

So any new news? Kirzania said that they have begun gutting it. Have they begun anything else? Anyone work in the general area?

535_Elevation2_copy.jpg

Will the four story part be new construction? Will the two buildings be connected? It seems the floor to ceiling heights are very different.

Still being gutted. (Sorry, still no pics. :( ) The four story building is most likely to be new construction, since there's nothing else really around the place. There is/was a parking lot? on the west side of the building... Maybe that's where it's going to be? That or it'll be a parking garage for the place.

Every morning I drive by, it seems they're tearing more and more out. They knocked out the east side's (can't see in the rendering) glass and you can see inside to the elevator shaft. They're knocking down a whole bunch of walls on the bottom levels - probably in an attempt to be more open.

I wish I knew the orientation of that rendering. And I wish it would stop raining so I could get some decent pictures.

Still being gutted. (Sorry, still no pics.  :( ) The four story building is most likely to be new construction, since there's nothing else really around the place. There is/was a parking lot? on the west side of the building... Maybe that's where it's going to be? That or it'll be a parking garage for the place.

Every morning I drive by, it seems they're tearing more and more out. They knocked out the east side's (can't see in the rendering) glass and you can see inside to the elevator shaft. They're knocking down a whole bunch of walls on the bottom levels - probably in an attempt to be more open.

I wish I knew the orientation of that rendering. And I wish it would stop raining so I could get some decent pictures.

Thanks for the update. Maybe the parking garage will be underground and they are using the new construction as an entrance. I don't think the entire new building would be the parking garage, but maybe the bottom floor and an underground floor?