Day Care Fire

IronTiger

Now I want to know what it said before it was edited....my curiosity has peaked!

It was my very own Charlie Sheen moment. But the comment was in far poorer taste than anything that Sheen has said thus far, was directed at you, and was made without having bothered to explain the loathing I feel for people who get all murderous over injustices commited against infants or toddlers...society's least valuable and most easily (and enjoyably) replaced demographic. So basically, it was an inexplicable lashing out. And bothering to explain it would've killed the staccato reading of it, which made it funny (to me). So why bother?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
infants or toddlers...society's least valuable and most easily (and enjoyably) replaced demographic.

Your economic-tinted glasses gives you to a pretty sickening outlook on things. I don't see anything wrong with outrage expressed over injustices against society's most innocent and defenseless members.

was directed at you, [ Marksmu ]

...Who shared his feelings from the point of view of having a kid in daycare. Something you obviously can't relate to.

Half a dozen families were just destroyed by this ignorant piece of crap. And contrary to your idea that a child is just a worthless commodity, easily replaced, losing a young child does devastate parents and can destroy homes.

I sure hope (for your sake) you keep your twisted outlook to yourself while courting the ladies.. otherwise, i just don't see a wife and children in your future.

Your economic-tinted glasses gives you to a pretty sickening outlook on things. I don't see anything wrong with outrage expressed over injustices against society's most innocent and defenseless members.

...Who shared his feelings from the point of view of having a kid in daycare. Something you obviously can't relate to.

Half a dozen families were just destroyed by this ignorant piece of crap. And contrary to your idea that a child is just a worthless commodity, easily replaced, losing a young child does devastate parents and can destroy homes.

I sure hope (for your sake) you keep your twisted outlook to yourself while courting the ladies.. otherwise, i just don't see a wife and children in your future.

None of that excuses illegal armed incursions into other countries, or extrajudicial torture of a suspect without even a trial.

None of that excuses illegal armed incursions into other countries, or extrajudicial torture of a suspect without even a trial.

None of which Niche mentioned in his "disposable-child" post.... therefore irrelevant to my response to niche's reply.

I agree although if I was one of those children's parents I'm quite sure I would strongly disagree.

Dead baby comedy, I feel, is immature and really offensive when applied to reality. dry.gif

That being said, I did enjoy it in high school. However, something ceases to be funny when that something is put into effect in reality. After someone in my grade committed suicide in my junior year of high school, making jokes about suicide was highly frowned upon.

None of which Niche mentioned in his "disposable-child" post.... therefore irrelevant to my response to niche's reply.

You latched onto a tangential portion of a sentence in a lengthier post, took it out of context, rephrased it to change the meaning, and also deprived it of humor. Basically, you're imagining things. If you want me to boil it down into a cold emotionless axiom, it might sound like this: "Two wrongs don't make a right." But I'm not endorsing that statement. It would make me feel dehumanized to submit to humorless moralizing.

Dead baby comedy, I feel, is immature and really offensive when applied to reality. dry.gif

That being said, I did enjoy it in high school. However, something ceases to be funny when that something is put into effect in reality. After someone in my grade committed suicide in my junior year of high school, making jokes about suicide was highly frowned upon.

Yeah, well let's see. Two half-brothers are dead, one a snakebit toddler, one an adolescent that jumped from a highrise. My half-sister got molested by her step-father (not a blood relative of mine, thank goodness). A girlfriend from high school committed a murder-suicide against her then-boyfriend within about a year an a half of us going our separate ways (she removed his head with bullets). And my best friend's dad was prescribed allergy meds that induced a psychotic state, prompting him to shoot himself in the head with a shotgun.

You'd think, with all those experiences, I should be humorless and vegetative. I think that the reverse is true; I find most people boring beyond belief!

Yeah, well let's see. Two half-brothers are dead, one a snakebit toddler, one an adolescent that jumped from a highrise. My half-sister got molested by her step-father (not a blood relative of mine, thank goodness). A girlfriend from high school committed a murder-suicide against her then-boyfriend within about a year an a half of us going our separate ways (she removed his head with bullets). And my best friend's dad was prescribed allergy meds that induced a psychotic state, prompting him to shoot himself in the head with a shotgun.

You'd think, with all those experiences, I should be humorless and vegetative. I think that the reverse is true; I find most people boring beyond belief!

You're one of the people who puts the "fun" in "dysfunctional", I'm guessing.unsure.gif

You sure spend a lot of time lecturing us adults, don't you? Do you think it might have anything to do with all those negative reps you complained about in another thread?

the girl clearly did not intend that anything bad happen to the children.

'The girl'? As in, Mad Men' secretary or Miss Scarlett's house slave?

Doubt if the Butterfly McQueen defense will find much sympathy.

Now see, that's just rude.

I do hope you realize I was just joking, right? wink.gif

You sure spend a lot of time lecturing us adults, don't you? Do you think it might have anything to do with all those negative reps you complained about in another thread?

The phrase "I feel", when applied to my post you are referencing, was deliberately added in to drive home the fact that it was just an opinion...not a lecture.

You latched onto a tangential portion of a sentence in a lengthier post, took it out of context, rephrased it to change the meaning, and also deprived it of humor. Basically, you're imagining things. If you want me to boil it down into a cold emotionless axiom, it might sound like this: "Two wrongs don't make a right." But I'm not endorsing that statement. It would make me feel dehumanized to submit to humorless moralizing.

I never saw the original post that you deleted; I was strictly referring to post #61 and I don't see what else in that post that changes the meaning of "explain the loathing I feel for people who get all murderous over injustices commited against infants or toddlers...society's least valuable and most easily (and enjoyably) replaced demographic.". Which by the way is by far the longest and most substantial of the 5 sentences in post 61 so again, I don't see how you can claim I latched on to a tangential portion of a longer post.

"Two wrongs don't make a right" would have a sounded a lot better than "Don't cry over spilled babies".

You know.. I now see that you were responding directly to Markmu's post #15, specifically the "suffer the same excruciating death that she made those poor kids suffer.".... but you didn't bother to reference that in either your edited post #49 or #61.

Post 61 on its own paints you in a horrible light.. and it stands alone when you can't bother to reference what you are responding to. If those were your feelings absent the retaliation aspect, my complaints and disgust with your outlook would stand.

Anyways.. Enough of this misunderstanding.. Glad you're not a baby hater.

• 2 weeks later...

So much publicity I'm thinking the first thing her lawyers request is a change of venue. Some place far from Houston.

Maybe. If this was a case which had been covered only by local media, the defense might be justified in asking to find a more neutral venue.

This is a case which has drawn national media attention, and I think anyone who's read reports understand what happened; someone made a careless mistake, and children died because of it. Her subsequent actions were cowardly and unfeeling. To me, that's the greater crime.

So much publicity I'm thinking the first thing her lawyers request is a change of venue. Some place far from Houston.

What's the standard for moving a case? Weren't there cases that got far more local and national media attention and still remained here?

What's the standard for moving a case? Weren't there cases that got far more local and national media attention and still remained here?

I don't know. I seem to recall some big case a five years ago or so about a guy barbecuing the remains of his girlfriend, or something. That was Houston, wasn't it?

Archived