Filming On Arlington St.

Tiko

The movie is called Retractable, starring Chris Evans. Set to release in 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582248/

A David and Goliath law drama about a drug-addicted lawyer who takes on a

health supply corporation while battling his own personal demons.

I heard it on Fox 26, as well, and remember hearing something about a vaccine being made or something like that, don't quote me on that, and is supposed to be fimlimg here in Houston until the first week of March.

Anyways, surprised Chris Evans(famous for Not Another Teen Movie, Fantastic Four-hes the "human torch") is playing the main role....

Ah yes, Retractable. I've been getting notices from Southwest Casting that they're looking for extras. Its the true life story of the guy who invented the retractable syringe.

This information is for WEEK TWO of RETRACTABLE filming, February

15-19, 2010, in Houston, TX. There is no weekend filming.]

First, remaining for WEEK ONE:

We need a HOMELESS MAN on Friday Feb 12, split shoot day (afternoon into the evening.) We have some submissions, but would like a few more before presenting pictures to the director. African American or Caucasian, ages 50+, needs to be available Friday Feb 12. (to be considered, send us a picture with your contact information and use the subject line "HOMELESS – YOUR NAME" replacing YOUR NAME with your first and last name. southwestcasting@ hotmail.com ) Pays $58/8

We may need a Nigerian-looking boy (very dark skin) age 8-10 this week, we just don't yet know which day. Please send a picture with contact information and use the subject line "NIGERIAN – YOUR NAME" replacing YOUR NAME with the child's name – southwestcasting@ hotmail.com) Pays $58/8

We are now accepting submissions for WEEK TWO of filming. For week two, in addition to general background, we are looking for the following types: Grandparents (Caucasian), newborn girl (Caucasian, twins would be ideal), Hispanic women 40+, and street "riff raff" (tattoos, piercings, unusual looking people). Ages 18 an up, please (except for the newborns). All ethnicities can be considered for general background.

Note: If you have been booked for a specific day during Week One, we cannot use you during Week Two, so please do not resubmit. We may be able to reuse some people in the following weeks, but not Week Two. Also, there are not many extras needed during Week Two.

Week two consists of daytime filming and "splits" – starting in the afternoon and going into the evening. We do not know the start time of each day yet, and we never know when each shooting day will end, so if you submit, please be COMPLETELY available if you are asked to participate – we can't let people leave until production releases you.

Please be aware that on daytime shoots, you may be asked to arrive on set as early as 6AM. Also please note that we often do not get the final details for each shooting day (time and parking instructions) until the afternoon or evening before.

There is pay if you are asked to participate. $58/8, which means you are guaranteed $58 for working, plus an hourly rate for each additional hour if you are kept longer than 8 hours (minus the time for lunch.)

To be considered, please fill out the form below and email it back to us at

southwestcasting@ hotmail.com

along with a recent jpg photo, preferably around 250kb (no photo is necessary if we know you well, but it is a good idea to send one in case we need to present photos to the director for featured bits.)

IN YOUR REPLY, PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT LINE

"RETRACTABLE – WEEK 2 – YOUR NAME"

replacing YOUR NAME with your actual first and last name.

Please note that when we ask availability, only answer YES if you have absolutely no conflicts that day (or can get out of whatever conflict you do have.)

Please reply only with the information between the dashes below.

- - -

NAME:

AGE RANGE:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

HOME PHONE:

CELL PHONE:

EMAIL ADDRESS:

ARE YOU AVAILABLE MONDAY FEBRUARY 15?

TUESDAY FEB 16?

WEDNESDAY FEB 17?

THURSDAY FEB 18 DAY OR SPLIT?

FRIDAY FEB 19 DAY OR SPLIT?

IN WHAT CITY DO YOU LIVE ?

- - -

Please send the above information back to us along with a recent jpg

photo (please do NOT send pictures larger than 1 meg; no resumes necessary) to southwestcasting@ hotmail.com

Keep in mind that the filming days can run long, sometimes as long as 8-12 hours and you must commit to the entire day. Meals are usually provided – we will let you know on the days meals are not provided.

If you submit to us, please check your email regularly. We plan to cast via email only, not making any calls unless absolutely necessary.

RETRACTABLE is the story about the invention of the retractable syringe needle and the patent fight that followed. A true story that took place in Houston.

Thank you!

Joe G.

www.SouthwestCasting.com

[This information is for WEEK ONE of RETRACTABLE filming, February

8-12, 2010, in Houston, TX. There is no weekend filming.]

We are now accepting submissions for WEEK ONE of filming. For week one, we are looking for the following types: doctors, nurses, patients, orderly, paramedics and shady park people (drug dealers and buyers). Ages 18 an up, please. All ethnicities can be considered.

Week one consists of daytime filming and "splits" – starting in the afternoon and going into the evening. We do not know the start time of each day yet, and we never know when each shooting day will end, so if you submit, please be COMPLETELY available if you are asked to participate – we can't let people leave until production releases you.

Please be aware that on daytime shoots, you may be asked to arrive on set as early as 6AM.

There is pay if you are asked to participate. $58/8, which means you are guaranteed $58 for working, plus an hourly rate for each additional hour if you are kept longer than 8 hours (minus the time for lunch.)

To be considered, please fill out the form below and email it back to us at

southwestcasting@ hotmail.com

along with a recent jpg photo, preferably around 250kb (no photo is necessary if we know you well, but it is a good idea to send one in case we need to present photos to the director for featured bits.)

IN YOUR REPLY, PLEASE USE THE SUBJECT LINE

"RETRACTABLE – WEEK 1 – YOUR NAME"

replacing YOUR NAME with your actual first and last name.

Please note that when we ask availability, only answer YES if you have absolutely no conflicts that day.

Please reply only with the information between the dashes below.

- - -

NAME:

AGE RANGE:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

HOME PHONE:

CELL PHONE:

EMAIL ADDRESS:

ARE YOU AVAILABLE MONDAY FEBRUARY 8 DAYTIME?

TUESDAY FEB 9 DAYTIME?

WEDNESDAY FEB 10 DAYTIME?

THURSDAY FEB 11 SPLIT AFTERNOON INTO THE NIGHT?

FRIDAY FEB 12 SPLIT?

IN WHAT CITY DO YOU LIVE ?

- - -

Please send the above information back to us along with a recent jpg

photo (no resumes necessary) at southwestcasting@ hotmail.com

The movie is called Retractable, starring Chris Evans. Set to release in 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582248/

I heard it on Fox 26, as well, and remember hearing something about a vaccine being made or something like that, don't quote me on that, and is supposed to be fimlimg here in Houston until the first week of March.

Anyways, surprised Chris Evans(famous for Not Another Teen Movie, Fantastic Four-hes the "human torch") is playing the main role....

I hope that Houston gets more movie, and T.V. production moving in. I know the state is lobbying hard for that since the original ( John Wayne ) Alamo. I enjoy watching the way they coordinate everything. I got to watch them film part of Robo-Cop II downtown, and it was really awesome.

Any more casting news? I'd love to work on the set sometime.

I hope that Houston gets more movie, and T.V. production moving in. I know the state is lobbying hard for that since the original ( John Wayne ) Alamo. I enjoy watching the way they coordinate everything. I got to watch them film part of Robo-Cop II downtown, and it was really awesome.

Any more casting news? I'd love to work on the set sometime.

Since signing that bill last year with tax incentives for filming in Texas, a lot of TV shows and movies have announced they will be filming in Texas. Matter of fact that's why I logged in so that I could post this article: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-midland_0212gd.State..278bcc1.html its about new shows filming in both Dallas and Austin. I really wish that the Astrodome could become a film studio.

Since signing that bill last year with tax incentives for filming in Texas, a lot of TV shows and movies have announced they will be filming in Texas. Matter of fact that's why I logged in so that I could post this article: http://www.dallasnew...e..278bcc1.html its about new shows filming in both Dallas and Austin. I really wish that the Astrodome could become a film studio.

Unfortunately, I think the Dome is doomed. So many great project ideas, and no consensus. Too bad...

I have been in a ton of films internationally, but also some in Texas. There is a great story wasting out there, that the international community is thirsty for. Everyone's missing the boat, and no one is listenning. Again, too bad ...

• 1 month later...

Another crew was working on 18th between Shepherd and Durham on Wednesday. Same film?

In a related note, there was a ton of police activity that evening in the area....cruisers flying by and the helicopter. Anyone know what was going on?

• The title was changed to Filming On Arlington
  • The title was changed to Filming On Arlington St.

Archived