W. Alabama Center: Retail Center At 2007 W. Alabama St.

OkieEric

I'm sure only those folks in the area will care, but that eyesore of a car wash at 2007 W Alabama is finally gone! It kinda creeped me out, as there always seemed to be a few people just sort of hanging out in the parking lot at night... Anyway, there are a couple of permits listed for the address for a new building and a washateria build out.

Found some additional info here - shows 5000 sq ft with a 3000 sq ft washateria. Hard to get excited about a washateria, but it sure beats what was there

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure only those folks in the area will care, but that eyesore of a car wash at 2007 W Alabama is finally gone! It kinda creeped me out, as there always seemed to be a few people just sort of hanging out in the parking lot at night... Anyway, there are a couple of permits listed for the address for a new building and a washateria build out.

Found some additional info here - shows 5000 sq ft with a 3000 sq ft washateria. Hard to get excited about a washateria, but it sure beats what was there

Look at all the dirty cars in the area though. Tit-for-Tat. Washaterias are good places to pick up women, so I'm excited about that.

BTW, I was one of those people that just sort of hung out at the car wash... Wuz up?

BTW, I was one of those people that just sort of hung out at the car wash... Wuz up?

I'm not talking about people washing cars. If you were one of those who just hung around late at night in the dark there...well, then sorry for your loss. I'm happy to see it go... Maybe we'll get another massage parlor out if it - lord knows we need a few more in the area

I'm not talking about people washing cars. If you were one of those who just hung around late at night in the dark there...well, then sorry for your loss. I'm happy to see it go... Maybe we'll get another massage parlor out if it - lord knows we need a few more in the area

I was just kidding about hanging out there, as well as seeing more dirty cars in the area - I'm glad to see it go as well. But instead of another massage parlor, how 'bout we get another cleaners that doesn't give good service?

I was just kidding about hanging out there, as well as seeing more dirty cars in the area - I'm glad to see it go as well. But instead of another massage parlor, how 'bout we get another cleaners that doesn't give good service?

Ha...and I was wondering how you wound up on the internet, let alone found the haif! LOL. j/k

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath to see what Hollywood comes up with...though I wonder if it will somehow incorporate the existing structure? Either way, I'm sure I'll hate the color scheme/signage

OT, but is there ever anyone at TK Bitterman's? I haven't been there in a couple of years and it never seems to have many cars there... I had a good time there but I always seem to wind up at the ice house instead

Ha...and I was wondering how you wound up on the internet, let alone found the haif! LOL. j/k

Anyway, I'm not holding my breath to see what Hollywood comes up with...though I wonder if it will somehow incorporate the existing structure? Either way, I'm sure I'll hate the color scheme/signage

OT, but is there ever anyone at TK Bitterman's? I haven't been there in a couple of years and it never seems to have many cars there... I had a good time there but I always seem to wind up at the ice house instead

Another book store? Green, with blue trim. Sign : Another Book Store ... What?

Every time I washed my car there I was accosted by aggressive panhandlers. They didn't seem to get that you pay by the minute at those places, and I didn't want to stop and listen to their pitch. The machines never worked anyway. I'm pretty sure it was a mafia front (car washes are great for laundering money)

• The title was changed to 2007 W. Alabama St.
  • The title was changed to W. Alabama Center: Retail Center At 2007 W. Alabama St.

Archived