Bandit signs

AK123

Does anyone know if Fort Bend County has any policies on these little signs along the sides of the roads?

It seems the problem is escalating around the US 90A and Grand Pkwy / FM 1464 intersection. They're even posting them with plastic ties on the county road signs now.

It's literally just outside of the Sugar Land city limits, so I don't think the city can do anything about it.

If not the county, maybe TxDot?

At the corner of FM 1464 and the Grand Parkway in Fort Bend County sits one of the largest collection of wooden signs in the area.

There are dozens and dozens of signs advertising all sorts of businesses.

Nobody denies they are unsightly. You can't help but notice it when you turn down FM 1464.

But next month, the LPGA will be holding its 2009 Tour Championship at the Houstonian, which is off FM 1464, just about a mile or two from the intersection.

Is this eyesore of a corner what Fort Bend County leaders want all the spectators and tourney participants to see? Unless the signs are removed, it's what they'll see.

Precinct 4 County Commissioner James Patterson is aware of the signs. He's hoping there is a way the county can have them removed before the tournament arrives.

"They certainly are not very attractive," he said.

http://www.ultimatefortbend.com/2009/10/will-they-stay-or-will-they-go

County is aware but...perhaps unmotivated?

As far as the above article -- that's a different situation because the signs were put on private property. Though, I don't know if the property owner is aware they were put there. Hopefully pressure continues on the county to somehow have those removed.

What I'm talking now about are the little bandit signs, stuck in the grass or tied to road signs or utility poles, that are on land that is likely the county's, or maybe TxDot's. I'm unable to find out if there is a policy in Fort Bend County regarding those.

As far as the above article -- that's a different situation because the signs were put on private property. Though, I don't know if the property owner is aware they were put there. Hopefully pressure continues on the county to somehow have those removed.

What I'm talking now about are the little bandit signs, stuck in the grass or tied to road signs or utility poles, that are on land that is likely the county's, or maybe TxDot's. I'm unable to find out if there is a policy in Fort Bend County regarding those.

You want this.

http://www.txdot.gov/txdoteforms/GetForm?formName=/OA32.pdf&preference=PDFForm&appID=/row&fileID=1233334&status=/reportError.jsp&configFile=WFServletConfig.xml

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, thanks! I filled it out and emailed. I wonder if anything will actually become of it... but at least it's a start.

Call the businesses that put up the signs and tell them that if they do not take them down, you are not going to frequent their business, and are going to spread the word to your friends also.

Call the businesses that put up the signs and tell them that if they do not take them down, you are not going to frequent their business, and are going to spread the word to your friends also.

I don't know how effective that would be since its typically "Make $8000/ mo. working from home!" type signs.

Certainly, just pay me the $400 application fee and I will give you all the information on this exciting opportunity!

I'll do you one better, Red, and only charge you $300.

I don't want to give away too many of the exciting details before you give me your Amex number, but there may or may not be envelope stuffing involved. I know it's difficult but try to contain your excitement.

I'll do you one better, Red, and only charge you $300.

I don't want to give away too many of the exciting details before you give me your Amex number, but there may or may not be envelope stuffing involved. I know it's difficult but try to contain your excitement.

Actually, I was looking for something in the home based medical billing field. I already have the software!

Our graduates receive hands-on, career-focused training. Don't wait another day; start transforming your life into the one you've always wanted. At Westwood College of Medical Coding you will learn everything you need for an exciting career in medical coding!

Well, suddenly most of the street spam is gone. I'll admit a few of us just started grabbing what was in easy reach on public right-of-way at stoplights, and then chuncking it.

Even better news, the HUGE grouping of wooden advertisement signs (homebuilders and others) at FM 1464 & Hwy 99 is now completely GONE! Hooray!

The smaller grouping of wooden signs at FM 1464 and Old Richmond Rd is mostly gone, and it seems another sign comes down each day. I know United77498 has worked on getting that one taken care of.

Archived