11th St. Cafe At 748 E. 11th St.

heights_yankee

Well, it turns out that Archie (the former owner) has been in Asia somewhere for the last couple of years. He was back in town a few weeks back, but said he was going back to whatever country he was hanging out in. He claimed that he had the stores (11th Street, Sports Lounge, Prive) being taken care of, but we all know that has not been the case. So this sounds like he may have sold the place, or at a minimum worked a deal with someone to run it for a cut of the profits.

Well, it turns out that Archie (the former owner) has been in Asia somewhere for the last couple of years. He was back in town a few weeks back, but said he was going back to whatever country he was hanging out in. He claimed that he had the stores (11th Street, Sports Lounge, Prive) being taken care of, but we all know that has not been the case. So this sounds like he may have sold the place, or at a minimum worked a deal with someone to run it for a cut of the profits.

Isn't Prive and Heights Sports Lounge closed? Both look like they've been abandoned.

If 11th Street is under new management, has the menu changed? I'd love to see something that isn't fried or full of grease on the menu. Also, the place could use a little TLC inside. There's so much potential with that location!

Isn't Prive and Heights Sports Lounge closed? Both look like they've been abandoned.

If 11th Street is under new management, has the menu changed? I'd love to see something that isn't fried or full of grease on the menu. Also, the place could use a little TLC inside. There's so much potential with that location!

i don't mind a good greasy sppon (esp after too much good wine the night before) but i can do without the maple syrup containers that are so old the labels are half faded and peeling.

you're right. tons of potential.

I have always loved the location and the feel of this place, but it has never ever lived up to its potential to be a neighborhood favorite. Hopefully, the new owners will bring some consistency to the food served. I would love a good greasy spoon, accent on "good."

• 2 weeks later...

We ate here last night, wanted to try the pizza. It wasn't great. Next time we'll get something different. We like the breakfast there, just haven't been for dinner before. The service was great, maybe because no one else was there at 6pm. Works for us, that way it's easier to let the little one jump around in the booth and not ruin the urbanites' dinner experience.

We ate here last night, wanted to try the pizza. It wasn't great. Next time we'll get something different. We like the breakfast there, just haven't been for dinner before. The service was great, maybe because no one else was there at 6pm. Works for us, that way it's easier to let the little one jump around in the booth and not ruin the urbanites' dinner experience.

try the turkey melt. not healthy at all, but its the tastiest thing on the menu imo

Wife saw Archie himself hanging the "New" Ownership sign a week or so back.

stinker

try the turkey melt. not healthy at all, but its the tastiest thing on the menu imo

stinker

Ive wanted that place to be good for so long. It has a great location, but I have never had anything there that was even half decent. I have not had breakfast there, but after 3 different trips and 3 different entrees, unless they stop doing things the way they are that place is off the rotation.

I like to eat at the reasonably priced non-pretentious places, and this place is perfect but for the price Im going to hit any of the creeks for a much better meal.

• The title was changed to 11th St. Cafe
  • The title was changed to 11th St. Cafe At 748 E. 11th St.

Archived