Trucks, SUVs and V8s Most Popular in Houston

Subdude

The statements about emissions here are really misleading. All you have to do is look up a variety of vehicles, and their tested emissions, to see that there are vast differences between a regular car and a truck or SUV.

Just one example:

http://www.epa.gov/g...f10d8f6fa9777d7

That's a relative score comparing only vehicles built since 2000 against other vehicles built since 2000. What it doesn't show is that indeed a 2010 F350 is still greener than a 1980 Toyota Corolla. I'm not even coming close to suggesting a 2010 F350 is cleaner than a 2010 Corolla (or whatever the model designation might be).

I dont want to take the time to copy/paste all the replies, so Ill just send this one out, and say Im not singling any ONE of the replies out, Im saying each and every reply is awful. Large vehicles have a place in society whether or not you in particular have a use for one. A family of 6 can NOT fit in a stupid loser prius. (which is worse for the environment than a hummer). Suppose you have a boat...only a larger vehicle can tow that boat. I would love to see a prius or a camry get a boat off a boat ramp.

Suppose your job requires that you tow things...say cattle to market or the vet, or hay to the cattle...lets see you do that with a little car.

There are LOTS of people who have big vehicles who need them, regardless of whether yall need them. I have a large diesel truck, I love it, I use for both my hobbies and my job, I could not use a tiny little car at all....it could get me to my job and that is it.

Also, a huge percentage of those new large vehicles not only have back up cameras, but they also have back up beepers and other safety devices to prevent accidents.

I wont even get into the issue of national pride...mostly b/c everything is made over-seas anyway.

Bottom line, each and every one of you has judged the people who drive the vehicles that you disapprove of, without any knowledge of why they drive them. You dont know what they do, and you judge, which is at least IMHO pathetic.

Just b/c you dont have a use for a large vehicle does not mean that others dont...lots of folks do drive the big trucks just b/c they can - but not all - and frankly I would not care if everyone did...the only thing its doing is driving the price of fuel up - global warming...I mean Climate Change is a huge international scam...

Hey I drive an F-250 Stampede Edition and not only did I not judge anyone here, but I also only use it to get to work. The entire global warming issue is moot when the next ice age will be here anyway.

The secret to not having to loan your truck out consistently is actually using it yourself! If its always full of stuff, they dont want to take the time to unload it and wash it out before they use it...they just go to the next friend with a truck who has it for show.

Also, being up high and having a better view is safer than being low - its just that when everyone is up high, its pointless. I can see people braking way before the normal car can and I can adjust it for....I have to, the little cars think they own the road and cut off the trucks without any thought of how long it takes us to stop vs them. I havent been in an accident, but there have been times it was close, and not because I was following too close, but because they cut in then slam on the brakes...its easy to cut in on on a big truck b/c we leave extra room stop for a reason....we need it.

It is my experience that this is not true. It's mostly larger trucks/suvs that NEVER use their blinkers and just feel like they can mosy on into the 6 feet between you and the car ahead of you. It seems to me most are complete idiots.

As to the global warming....999/1000 ( I question this unbacked up statistic) receive money from one source or another to say it exists...if it didnt exist there would not be a problem to study and they would be out of a job.

See my post above re global warming. It's a crock. And even if it were true, the coming ice age will cool things down quite a bit.

Archived