T.W. House United States Postal Service At 1300 W. 19th St.

Heightsite

Anybody else having service issues with mail delivery in the Heights? My mail is chronically delivered to neighbors and a package I ordered weeks ago is no where to be found. God only knows what else I'm missing. I've gotten other people's mail and have written "not at this address" on the outside of the envelope and our USPS person puts it back in my mailbox! Complaints about delivery issues have been file. If it was an occasional issue, it wouldn't be so annoying.

• Like 1

My USPS service in the 009 zip code is excellent. The regular carrier is very friendly and seems to know who on his route is on vacation, etc. I've had him come knocking on my door to deliver a package that needs to be signed for later in the day from when he first came by. I've been able to pick up undeliverd packages by knocking on the side door of the post office as early as 6:30 in the morning. No complaints here.

PS: I recently ordered something that was shipped via Fedex/USPS combo. May be common but first time I'd ever seen it. There was a gap from when Fedex "delivered" it the main post office and when it made it to my mailbox of about three days.

Absolutely AWFUL in 77008. Missing mail, many missing packages, almost missed 2 weddings b/c they lost 3 invitations, other people's mail in our mailbox, late delivery, no delivery (with the amount of junk mail we get, not getting anything for a day is VERY strange), etc.

Filed a complaint a few months back... service got better for a time, then got bad again. I don't trust them at all. Up until about a year and a half ago it was excellent - our mailman was prompt, friendly, and never misdelivered a single letter. Then he got transferred, and its stunk ever since. I've counted 3, 4, maybe 5 different delivery folks since then. High turnover + poor service = bad news.

My USPS service in the 009 zip code is excellent. The regular carrier is very friendly and seems to know who on his route is on vacation, etc. I've had him come knocking on my door to deliver a package that needs to be signed for later in the day from when he first came by.

Wow. I wish I could say the same. When I called about it they got a little snippy with me. I was perfectly nice about it, I just wanted my electricity bill. It's been mostly better since I called but for a few weeks, I got my neighbor's mail and not mine. I'm still not sure what happened to my mail!

UPS - never a problem, delivery guy is super nice.

FedEx - delivers to wrong address occasionally, but okay most of the time. I did have one odd instance where their web site claimed the package had been delivered when it hadn't. I called to complain, and the next day I hear someone throw said package over a fence to my backdoor (back when I was in a townhouse).

USPS - Mailman is excellent, but their distribution center rarely forwarded my mail last time I moved. Best part - missing the deadline for a red-light violation (where I actually turned right on a red but they charged me anyway...awesome).

I had horrible service in 77007. Mail would only come 3 times a week and when it did it was wrapped in a big rubber band so it was pretty clear they were just stock piling it in the mail truck bc they were too lazy to come down to my part of the street unless they wanted a taco. Over here in 77018 the delivery is bliss. Every morning by 10 AM. I keep asking myself why I didnt move to oak forest sooner?

Absolutely AWFUL in 77008. Missing mail, many missing packages, almost missed 2 weddings b/c they lost 3 invitations, other people's mail in our mailbox, late delivery, no delivery (with the amount of junk mail we get, not getting anything for a day is VERY strange), etc.

Filed a complaint a few months back... service got better for a time, then got bad again. I don't trust them at all. Up until about a year and a half ago it was excellent - our mailman was prompt, friendly, and never misdelivered a single letter. Then he got transferred, and its stunk ever since. I've counted 3, 4, maybe 5 different delivery folks since then. High turnover + poor service = bad news.

I agree 100% -- we must be on the same delivery route! I am certain that there are days the mailman isn't coming at all. If I receive no mail one day, the next day the box is stuffed full. I have been planning to do a little "test" where I'll put an outgoing postcard in the mailbox each morning and put the flag up to see if they come by to pick it up.

But at least they've gotten better about vacation holds. More than once I had come home from vacation to a mailbox stuffed full of mail despite my vacation hold. I decided the next time that I'd place a vacation hold and then simply remove the mailbox so they'd have no place to put the mail. Sure enough, when I got back and went to the post office to pick up the mail, there was a big note scrawled across the top envelope that said "No Mailbox!" so I knew they tried to deliver and probably would have kept right on delivering if they could have.

This thread brings back memories of hilarious Seinfeld episodes dealing with mail delivery.

I, too, filed a complaint a couple of years ago with the main office re: missing mail and magazines. I was told that 77008 was where the postal workers who need retraining are sent to work through their issues. Great. Glad we can help them with that.

Sadly, that explains quite a bit. Ugh.

• The title was changed to Post Office In The Heights
  • The title was changed to T.W. House United States Postal Service At 1300 W. 19th St.