Critical Mass

Subdude

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were on 11 News, also. The anchors called it a "ride to nowhere", heh. I'm trying to borrow a computer with a decent video card so I can pull the recording off my ma's DVR.

We started a mid-month ride on the second Friday of the month, from the same place at the same time. Thanks for the beers at Valhalla, sargento!

I hope to make the mid month rides too, I was out of town for this one, wanted to make it though!

there are what, 4 or 5 of us that ride from this forum? we ought to pick a tree, or a bench to meet at, or something.

even though my friends skipped out on the may ride, I had a blast, after we left the chevron, and were going down waugh, over memorial, if you looked to the west the sun was setting behind some serious clouds, it was crazy looking, wish I had brought my camera.

although riding in the rain was fun and all, my BB was already in need of maintenance, now it is seriously needing some help I just haven't made the time to rip it all apart. can't wait for walmart to get the mongoose cachet back in stock so I have a POS bike for wet rides like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just the one guy got in trouble as far as I know. I'm not sure what he did. People told me that the police officer ran into his bike from behind with the car and the wheel went on his arm and shoulder. I think he was released so he could go to the hospital but there's a warrant for him. The guy who was playing the banjo on the back of the Surly was amazing. They were singing duets and they sounded really good. He rode like that for 17+ miles.

• 1 month later...

Hey, looks like critical mass just rode past my house! Well, behind it. McKinney and Eddington at 8:10 ish. We were with the neighbors setting out traps to catch stray cats (to spay/neuter). You guys must like the east end. Saw you going down Harrisburg at Lockwood a couple of months ago.

Ride on!

• 1 month later...

Nice, I'll have to watch when I get home, I got tired of riding with the group when everyone stopped in the middle of Westheimer at the Taft intersection. Well, that and riding down a street, then being told we were going the wrong way, and getting back and everyone was like, where are we going?

And then almost getting ridden over by 2 or 3 or 4 different people who didn't check to see if anyone was beside them before darting across the lane to ride with their buddy, and if you say something they look at you like it's your fault (this has happened for the last 4 or 5 rides). At least they're on a bike and not in a car, they can do less damage.

I think I'm going to skip the main mass until it gets cold. I enjoy riding in the groups when there's 100 or so people and they all have a good idea of how to operate a bicycle in a group of people.

I'll still be out riding on Friday nights though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only thing that would suck about going there would be the line for beer. Prior notification that over 150 cyclists are going to come in would probably be a good idea. They could ensure they have enough beer and set up beer tubs and whatnot, but then what happens if people decided to go somewhere else?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived