Does this seem legit or a scam

Hello all. sorry for long post but please help????

I have a question and need some advice or input. I signed up online requesting info on how to make extra money online. Then a company called me from ph # 801-944-0838 and would later find out their company name is 6 figure consultants. There was a gentleman by the name of Eric who pitched great ideas on how to make extra $ online. He told me he was conducting an interview to see if I would be a good fit to become a partner with the online business, but what he was really doing was seeing if I could afford to pay the tuition. He advised me of the tuition but said he wasn't aware the amount. He said the business consultant above him would have that information once he escalated after passing the first interview. He had me state my goals and why I wanted to make extra money and how many hours i was willing to work per week. I told them how much debt i was in and my credit card limits then he passed me on to the next interviewer above him who he claimed was the business consultant (b/c).

I recieved a call from the b/c John about 10 minutes later and said that Eric had written a great recommendation letter for me. John gave me a few details about the nature of the business and the tuition. Later, after he told me the endless possibilities he said he would need my credit card info to get me started. Before i gave it to him, i asked him the name of his company and he told me it was Apply Knowledge Institute. I told him i was looking them up on BBB online and they had a A+ ranking, so i felt safe. He even ensured me if i didn't make enough money the 1st month, they would pay the minimum payment to my credit card company. So after giving him my card info, he xferred me to an agent who would finalize the purchase. The representative had me bring up a website with some written information which would be some final agreements which would be an online click signature. I noticed i was on a website called 6 figure consultants.

I was so excited, I confirming the purchase. A few days later i decided to look up 6 figure consultants on BBB and and they had an overall rating of D but the issues were resolved. I felt like i had been duped becasue i was given the name Apply Knowledge to look up on BBB, not 6 figure consultants. Yesterday, i looked up the number to Apply Knowledge and called them and asked them if they did business with 6 Figure consultants. They said yes and that 6 figure consultants is only a merchant who processes payments for their company. When i call 6 figure consultants and probed them, they said i would be doing business with the mentoring program Apply Knowledge.

Anyway, does this sound a little fishy? I was never explained of my right to cancel or given their cancellation policy. 6 Figure consultants is very hard to get in touch with a live person and always have to leave messages. This morning i received a call from the b/c John who did the 2nd interview. He said he was just checking to see if i got set up with a mentor yet. He was calling to return my call. I told him i wanted to cancel and he kind of gave me a hard time. He said the only thing he can do at this point is delay this to a later date if i'm not ready to start now. I told him i'm not ready to handle this debt if the business should flop. He said, "you will make money if you follow the steps that our coaches tell you". He kept on with the same $$$$ making pitch.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry for the long post but i didn't want to leave out any details!!!

P.S. You don't have to call me an idiot. I know. People get desperate when they've been at the same pay grade for so long at $25,000/year.

I have a question and need some advice or input. I signed up online requesting info on how to make extra money online. Then a company called me from ph # 801-944-0838 and would later find out their company name is 6 figure consultants. There was a gentleman by the name of Eric who pitched great ideas on how to make extra $ online. He told me he was conducting an interview to see if I would be a good fit to become a partner with the online business, but what he was really doing was seeing if I could afford to pay the tuition. He advised me of the tuition but said he wasn't aware the amount. He said the business consultant above him would have that information once he escalated after passing the first interview. He had me state my goals and why I wanted to make extra money and how many hours i was willing to work per week. I told them how much debt i was in and my credit card limits then he passed me on to the next interviewer above him who he claimed was the business consultant (b/c).

I recieved a call from the b/c John about 10 minutes later and said that Eric had written a great recommendation letter. John gave me a few details about the nature of the business and the tuition. Later, after he told me the endless possibilities he said he would need my credit card info to get me started. Before i gave it to him, i asked him the name of his company and he told me it was Aply Knowledge Institute. I told him i was looking them up on BBB online and they had a A+ ranking, so i felt safe. He even ensured me if i didn't make enough money the 1st month, they would pay the minimum payment to my credit card company. So after giving him my card info, he xferred me to an agent who would finalize the purchase. The representative had me bring up a website with some written information which would be some final agreements which would be an online click signature. I noticed i was on a website called 6 figure consultants.

I was so excited, I confirming the purchase. A few days later i decided to look up 6 figure consultants on BBB and and they had an overall rating of D but the issues were resolved. I felt like i had been duped becasue i was given the name Apply Knowledge to look up on BBB, not 6 figure consultants. Yesterday, i looked up the number to Apply Knowledge and called them and asked them if they did business with 6 Figure consultants. They said yes and that 6 figure consultants is only a merchant who processes payments for their company. When i call 6 figure consultants and probed them, they said i would be doing business with the mentoring program Apply Knowledge.

Anyway, does this sound a little fishy? I was never explained of my right to cancel or given their cancellation policy. 6 Figure consultants is very hard to get in touch with and always have to leave messages. This morning i received a call from the John guy who helped me through the website just checking to see if i got set up with a mentor yet, not returning my call. I told him i wanted to cancel and he kind of gave me a hard time. He said he can delay this if i'm not ready to do it now but kept on with the same $$$$ making pitch.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry for the long post but i didn't want to leave out any details!!!

Dude... I have a better opportunity than that... I'm looking for consultants for my new trading firm... we trade air space. Landowners own the space above their land, but obviously do nothing with it. We are in the business of Air Consignment, whereby we purchase the rights to the air space above peoples homes, then lease that out to companies that build floating apartments. These apartments are anywhere from 1/4 to 1 mile up, thus out of the view of the homeowners. We also have a sister company that provides 24-hour shuttle services, via jetpacks, from the floatable aparment dwellings to wherever they need to get to down here on planet earth.

You can check us on the BBB site if you'd like: Air Consignment Limited

Dude... I have a better opportunity than that... I'm looking for consultants for my new trading firm... we trade air space.  Landowners own the space above their land, but obviously do nothing with it.  We are in the business of Air Consignment, whereby we purchase the rights to the air space above peoples homes, then lease that out to companies that build floating apartments.  These apartments are anywhere from 1/4 to 1 mile up, thus out of the view of the homeowners.  We also have a sister company that provides 24-hour shuttle services, via jetpacks, from the floatable aparment dwellings to wherever they need to get to down here on planet earth.

You can check us on the BBB site if you'd like:  Air Consignment Limited

Where do I send my money?  :P

I recieved a call from the b/c John about 10 minutes later and said that Eric had written a great recommendation letter for me. John gave me a few details about the nature of the business and the tuition. Later, after he told me the endless possibilities he said he would need my credit card info to get me started. Before i gave it to him, i asked him the name of his company and he told me it was Apply Knowledge Institute. I told him i was looking them up on BBB online and they had a A+ ranking, so i felt safe. He even ensured me if i didn't make enough money the 1st month, they would pay the minimum payment to my credit card company. So after giving him my card info, he xferred me to an agent who would finalize the purchase. The representative had me bring up a website with some written information which would be some final agreements which would be an online click signature. I noticed i was on a website called 6 figure consultants.

Anyway, does this sound a little fishy? I was never explained of my right to cancel or given their cancellation policy. 6 Figure consultants is very hard to get in touch with a live person and always have to leave messages. This morning i received a call from the b/c John who did the 2nd interview. He said he was just checking to see if i got set up with a mentor yet. He was calling to return my call. I told him i wanted to cancel and he kind of gave me a hard time. He said the only thing he can do at this point is delay this to a later date if i'm not ready to start now. I told him i'm not ready to handle this debt if the business should flop. He said, "you will make money if you follow the steps that our coaches tell you". He kept on with the same $$$$ making pitch.

P.S. You don't have to call me an idiot. I know. People get desperate when they've been at the same pay grade for so long at $25,000/year.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to get a your annual free credit report, just in case. http://www.annualcreditreport.com

I'll pick a place for you to leave an envelope with your seed money, Lunatic.

lol.... by the way.. enjoy a lot of your posts... think we grew up in the same hood... or close to.... maybe an age difference... been meaning to take some pics of some old concert tix I have stored in a box somewhere in the house .... have all of mine from the Summit, Coliseum, Music Hall days.... just gotta find them....

.... just could not resist the last post....

thanks for all your answers. spider i'll check it out but i want to get this matter resolved 1st. They were talking about you can make money from about $2000-3000 per month working 5-10 hours per week. I guess the old saying is true, if its too good to be true it probably is.

More replies would be appreciated.

I'm selling tickets in the kylejack lottery, many will enter, none will win. Tickets $2 apiece, contact me to purchase tickets. For the next hour, special discount tickets available for $1.

Are there any quantity discounts? And do you take credit cards?

Oh heavens. C2H, never send anybody money on the internet again. Your scam detector seems to be malfunctioning and its probably better that you just deal with people in real life. There are no get-rich-quick schemes and nobody is going to pay your credit card bill for free.

LTAWACS, it was a mentoring program that showed you how to develop and grow your online business to make profit.It was to show you secrets to market your website and designing webpages and selling things online such as through ebay and other things. I wish i hadn't done it but i notified my credit card companies about it already two days ago. they said i can still file a dispute even if i gave the info willingly but i'm nervous how long this might take to settle.

kylejack, i know. i was a sucker and fell for it. I really hope its not too late to back out and cancel since they never went over the cancellation policy and i never actually used any of their services.

Definitely call the customer service for the credit card you use and contest all transactions that have been made and see if they can flag any subsequent charges by those two places. I would also advise getting a copy of your credit report (though it may not reflect anything yet) and also putting a fraud alert on your credit profile so no new lines can be opened without your approval.

Keep an eye on your statements, though, since they'll probably hand off your information to an outside party who will charge you under a different name than the two you already know of.

Live and learn, I guess..

LTAWACS, it was a mentoring program that showed you how to develop and grow your online business to make profit.It was to show you secrets to market your website and designing webpages and selling things online such as through ebay and other things. I wish i hadn't done it but i notified my credit card companies about it already two days ago. they said i can still file a dispute even if i gave the info willingly but i'm nervous how long this might take to settle.

kylejack, i know. i was a sucker and fell for it. I really hope its not too late to back out and cancel since they never went over the cancellation policy and i never actually used any of their services.

Get the complaint form and fill it out. Point out that it was not as advertised and not what they told you. Mention the high pressure sales tactics. If they charged anything extra, point this out, too. Send this complaint IN WRITING. Telephone complaints do not count.

Be aware that since you did not sign a receipt, the complaint is somewhat in your favor. However, also be aware that they probably recorded the conversation, so don't outright lie.

Expect the complaint process to take about 2 months.

Run away as fast as you can.

The acid test for all these scams is: If this is so great then why are you not doing it yourself?

Most get paid from selling fish the system, not from working the system themselves.

It's really kinda sad how people with no moral compass can suck so much money so fast from folks.

Back when I was in the vending machine business it never ceased to amaze me when I would get a call from someone that offered to sell me their "vending machines". What their vending machines were consisted of 30 counter top snack and soda machines that cost them $50,000 from one of the shark companies in Florida. Real world value of the cheap machines? About 3-5K IF you wanted cheap junk that breaks easily and any kid could flip over and get all your snacks.

Thanks for all your replies guys. I enjoy reading them. I'm opt to hearing more because I just can't believe there are still scam artist who are still roaming around and how these people can even keep their business license. This is no different than people on the street who rob, gamble, and hustle folks. It's amazing that it goes on in cyberspace and how they haven't gotten caught yet.

Don't buy speakers from the guys in the van at the gas station either. They'll tell you they have 1 or 2 extra sets because someone canceled their order, then say they are $500 retail but you can have them for $150. They are total crap.

Dude... I have a better opportunity than that... I'm looking for consultants for my new trading firm... we trade air space. Landowners own the space above their land, but obviously do nothing with it. We are in the business of Air Consignment, whereby we purchase the rights to the air space above peoples homes, then lease that out to companies that build floating apartments. These apartments are anywhere from 1/4 to 1 mile up, thus out of the view of the homeowners. We also have a sister company that provides 24-hour shuttle services, via jetpacks, from the floatable aparment dwellings to wherever they need to get to down here on planet earth.

You can check us on the BBB site if you'd like: Air Consignment Limited

Talk about your scams.....

SOMEBODY has watched Ocean's 13 one too many times.

So, how much you charging the FAA for letting all those pesky planes and helicopters flying around in your airspace ???

Archived