Keeping Up with the Joneses; New Houston Based Series

citykid09

• 9 months later...

Well the show is now on the air.

You can watch episodes here: http://www.centrictv.com/videos/keeping-up-with-the-joneses/1036448/

There are a lot of shots of Houston and from the episodes I seen the city looks big!

But at the same time you don't see many people walking around.

Its definitely worth looking at!

Also check out her Houston based magazine that just went national: http://jonesmag.com

There are a lot of shots of Houston and from the episodes I seen the city looks big!

But at the same time you don't see many people walking around.

A lot of times when I watch NBC's Today Show or see other shots of NYC, there are not always tons of people walking around, and sometimes there's not any.

A lot of times when I watch NBC's Today Show or see other shots of NYC, there are not always tons of people walking around, and sometimes there's not any.

In the few instances when I watch TV and in the few instances when they show a shot if NYC I always see just trash trucks driving around aimlessly.

We'll record it on your Tivo right after we figure out how to record The Colbert Report.

Was she a fivehead? A sixhead, maybe?

Maybe a fivehead.

They could probably put on a Klingon forehead prosthetic on her and not have it interfere with her hair.

Where is this magazine sold? I can't say I've ever noticed it before.

I believe they started around 2005? and it was available in a few strategic retail locations around Houston. I think they stopped production for a while and then recently relaunched and then just went national this moth to coincide with the TV show.

Looks refreshing in a cable world full of you-know-what like Real Housewives of ___, Jersey Shore and other such rubbish.

Bravo or Style or one of those types should pick it up. I'd watch and I'm not even AA.

Episode 5 is proof that Houston can't attract and retain talent. The kids want to move to LA (talent agents telling them Houston is not where its at, LA is) and the mom isn't sure she wants to be in Houston. The magazine will now be based in New York and she has her new business partner pulling her there. Should have known, whenever Houston gets something its taken away. So I guess season 2 will be filmed in NYC and LA.

Episode 5 is proof that Houston can't attract and retain talent. The kids want to move to LA (talent agents telling them Houston is not where its at, LA is) and the mom isn't sure she wants to be in Houston. The magazine will now be based in New York and she has her new business partner pulling her there. Should have known, whenever Houston gets something its taken away. So I guess season 2 will be filmed in NYC and LA.

no big deal. If you want to be in media, go to LA. If you want to be in publishing, go to NYC.

no big deal. If you want to be in media, go to LA. If you want to be in publishing, go to NYC.

So Houston should just sit back and let other cities drain its talent? I don't think so. Other cites have caught on and have built their own media/publishing industries. I won't mention any names because I might get scolded for mentioning certain cities that have succeeded in these areas without sending talent to NYC and LA. Houston has come close in the retaining its music industry, but even they eventually leave.

So Houston should just sit back and let other cities drain its talent? I don't think so. Other cites have caught on and have built their own media/publishing industries. I won't mention any names because I might get scolded for mentioning certain cities that have succeeded in these areas without sending talent to NYC and LA. Houston has come close in the retaining its music industry, but even they eventually leave.

Not so much as scolded, but mocked.

That and we all do a collective, "ugh."

Atlanta?

Explain! Why would you mention Atlanta? What makes you think they are able to attract and retain talent and not send it away to LA and NYC? And if they can why not Houston? H-Town has the talent and it will surely attract talent from other cities if it had the facilities (e.g. Astrodome studios would be a great start).

Explain! Why would you mention Atlanta?

Haven't you heard? Atlanta is heaven on earth. The streets are paved with gold (those that aren't rail anyhow), and the rivers flow with Coca-Cola and honey. Every person in Atlanta is super-rich ($100 mil and above only, please), and all the orphans have been adopted by Ted Turner and Tyler Perry.

Also, God vacations in Atlanta.

Explain! Why would you mention Atlanta? What makes you think they are able to attract and retain talent and not send it away to LA and NYC? And if they can why not Houston? H-Town has the talent and it will surely attract talent from other cities if it had the facilities (e.g. Astrodome studios would be a great start).

Atlanta is serving the purpose it is best suited for. Obviously, Houston's not fit for that role. We're just not ready for it, so there's no sense in trying to force us into it prematurely, if at all.

Atlanta is serving the purpose it is best suited for. Obviously, Houston's not fit for that role. We're just not ready for it, so there's no sense in trying to force us into it prematurely, if at all.

What makes them suited and not Houston?

Archived