Sonia Sotomayor

lockmat

it's difficult to tell what's serious & what's not. So I simply assume the people who make comments like yours are serious(ly batshit insane)
One must remember that tone and intonation are completely lost upon going from spoken to written word. A conversation with facial expressions and proper intonation is far superior to anything we could ever type here.

Just sayin'.....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hah, I have a pretty good sense of humor, but cryptic and convoluted references are kind of worthless.

And given the level of enmity aimed at Obama by some people, it's difficult to tell what's serious & what's not. So I simply assume the people who make comments like yours are serious(ly insane)

I assume that people that can't tell the difference between a joke and a person who actually has a serious health threat are moronic. So, I guess it all washes out.

Please, God, may she turn out like Ginsburg. Our country cannot tolerate another Thomas, Scalia, Roberts, or Alito. Obama may get a chance to refresh John Paul Stevens, given his age. By the looks of it, he may get to replace Scalia too (who I doubt will have John Paul Steven's longevity), if he gets a second term.

Please, God, may she turn out like Ginsburg. Our country cannot tolerate another Thomas, Scalia, Roberts, or Alito. Obama may get a chance to refresh John Paul Stevens, given his age. By the looks of it, he may get to replace Scalia too (who I doubt will have John Paul Steven's longevity), if he gets a second term.

I actually said a prayer that everything you just prayed for does not come true. This country is a runaway freight train going the wrong direction....while everyone else is trying to stop the train before it goes off the cliff, it seems the liberals, and Obama are trying to add more coal to speed it up.

I really dont understand it anymore. For a while, I understood the democrat mentality, but the democrats are now controlled by the ultra liberal way out in left field people, instead of moderate dems...the two parties are like feuding husbands/wife on track for divorce....even if it makes since they wont agree to it, just out of spite...in this case the democrats are the scorned wife, whose husband just cheated on em...doesnt matter what the outcome, or how much it costs...were doing it my way, and your gonna sit there, and take it...

Knowing we will be confirming a racist and that the left field liberals think that is a good thing is just amazing...At least the non left field members on the court now, have enough sense, to see racism and call it out like it is....the recent over-ruling of Sotomayor's firefighter case leaves me with hope that not all is lost yet.

Knowing we will be confirming a racist and that the left field liberals think that is a good thing is just amazing...

It's not that she's a racist. She's their racist. It's the same concept as Congress. Polls indicate the public detests congressional over-spending. The same polls indicate most of the public loves their congressional members, because they do a lot for their home district. The irony is deafening.

The segement of American population that actually likes racism is incredibly small. Miniscule. But the segment that's willing to blind themselves, tolerate, ignore, or utilize it to advance their own personal political agenda is wide and stretches across both parties.

One has to wonder why Obama appointed someone with an overt history of stated racial bais. Appointing justices with obvious (though opposing) biases isn't the solution. It's the problem. Each side points the finger at the other and says "they did it, so we're going to do it back to them only more". It really is schoolyard tactics. I'm disappointed that Obama didn't try to change the trend of evermore biased appointments to the Court. He missed an opportunity to make an important change to our political processes. So much for the "new tone" in Washington.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

sorry, it's the end of the day and I just felt like saying that, and this seemed a good opportunity.

What is the "crap" part, the part where her ruling got overturned, or the part that when it is obvious reverse racism, that it is ok for an enlightened latina woman with a vastly different background to rule FOR it ?

...and Ginsberg's dissent on the overturn of Sotomayor's ruling was the absolute most PATHETIC ever given.

What is the "crap" part, the part where her ruling got overturned, or the part that when it is obvious reverse racism, that it is ok for an enlightened latina woman with a vastly different background to rule FOR it ?

...and Ginsberg's dissent on the overturn of Sotomayor's ruling was the absolute most PATHETIC ever given.

I really don't know. I just felt like saying, "what a load of crap". Just an abreaction.

• 2 weeks later...

She kind of looks like the lady who played the first Oracle in the Matrix trilogy. Or maybe it was the second one.

I think we'll all survive just fine. With our awesome 2 party system a bunch of people will whine at every nomination, no matter the administration. She's definitely not an idiot, so even if she has some extreme views she has to know what she'll be able to get away with and what she'll be totally crucified for. The Supreme Court is no place for extremism, and there are other justices to dampen the effect that any one of them can have.

Yeah, I kind of agree. I may not like all the decisions of the court, but overall I believe they (right and left leaning) are pretty balanced.

Justice Thomas? An excellent justice? A man, who never asks questions when cases are presented? A man who is just there? "Long dong silver" himself? That justice Thomas? If he had to actually work... he would have quit a long time ago. What a farce that man is. HW Bush just couldn't get it right, could he?

Sotomayor finally appears to be a person who can go toe-to-toe with Scalia. I put my bets on her that she could take him in an arm wrestling match... in about 30 seconds.

My money is on her too. She's tough. I am watching the hearings now, but I think they're all at lunch.

She's a lawyer and the only thing worse then a lawyer is a politician. Lawyer’s concerns about actual justice is about the same as a politicians concerns about our country. So does it really matter?

Considering your ability to make this statement without ever having met me, I'd have to answer, No, your opinion doesn't really matter.

She's a lawyer and the only thing worse then a lawyer is a politician. Lawyer’s concerns about actual justice is about the same as a politicians concerns about our country. So does it really matter?

Hmmm... what about lawyers that are politicians? As many of them are... we're really up creek now... Personally, I don't like congressmen that used to be roach exterminators (Delay). Olson is equally a farce. But I digress...

I would like to hear Sotomayor say the following to Senator Sessions, from Alabama: "Me? A Racist? Coming from you, a man who was rejected, by this very body, 20 years ago - for actually being a racist? Really? STFU."

Coming from you, a man who was rejected, by this very body, 20 years ago - for actually being a racist? Really? STFU."

Being demagogued as a racist isn't the same thing as actually being one.

Hmmm... what about lawyers that are politicians? As many of them are... we're really up creek now... Personally, I don't like congressmen that used to be roach exterminators (Delay). Olson is equally a farce. But I digress...

I would like to hear Sotomayor say the following to Senator Sessions, from Alabama: "Me? A Racist? Coming from you, a man who was rejected, by this very body, 20 years ago - for actually being a racist? Really? STFU."

Seriously!

Archived