Texas Children's Hospital Jan And Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute At 1250 Moursund St.

Jax

Oh yes; that would be great. If you could get a shot of the "weird twisty tower" portion, that would be awesome. :P

I think this is the project I can see when I lean out over my balcony! It's pretty darn tall for being just 12-15 floors, assuming this is the one just to the North of the MD Anderson Alkek Hospital expansion.

I don't have all of my camera and computer stuff down here from Boston yet but Jax, you should swing by and snap some photos from the 34th floor!

Neato; the structure of the tower portion is really interesting. Looks like it will be some sort of atrium, or stairwell, unless they intend to close the openings.

Thanks for taking the pics, mate!

Neato; the structure of the tower portion is really interesting. Looks like it will be some sort of atrium, or stairwell, unless they intend to close the openings.

Thanks for taking the pics, mate!

It's a stairwell. It is designed to "turn", "looking" towards Texas Children's main campus.

It's a stairwell. It is designed to "turn", "looking" towards Texas Children's main campus.

You are correct that it's designed to turn to look towards the main campus, but it's only a stairwell from the first floor to the second, maybe third. The rest is what the architect calls the "collaboration tower". Not sure exactly that that means, but it suggests a gathering space on each floor.

That sounds pretty cool. Yeah I was pretty sure it was more than a stairwell. A gathering space on each floor makes a lot of sense. I wish they had that sort of space in Feigin. Some of the newer floors near the top do (the ones they built a few years ago) but not the lower floors.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Shame, they don't build something this intresting in Downtown. Well, Hess Tower has the turbines, and MainPlace has the sky garden/lobby, but still.

Also, thanks for the update.

It's a plain box with token ornamentation on the side.

Had they scaled up the ornament and made it the whole building, that'd have been fitting for downtown.

It's a plain box with token ornamentation on the side.

Had they scaled up the ornament and made it the whole building, that'd have been fitting for downtown.

True, but the "ornamentation" goes down through that whole side of the building, compared to just a roof(Hess), or a couple of stories of the entire building(MP).

• The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital Neurological Research Institute At 1250 Moursund St.
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital Jan And Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute At 1250 Moursund St.