Halbert Park At 200 E. 23rd St.

OutfieldDan

ATF, FBI and SWAT are all at house in the 900 block of Aurora since early this morning. No news yet on what brought them there. A neighbor tells me that the occupants of the house have been problematic for a long time. She reports drugs, dogs, chickens and fights. Perhaps these kinds of law enforcement efforts will help eradicate the Halbert Park and other gang/drug dealer problems. I will report more as I know it.

Yikes, I don't want that kind of action in the hood. I don't see any clips online at the chron yet, anyone see something on local news?

ATF, FBI and SWAT are all at house in the 900 block of Aurora since early this morning. No news yet on what brought them there. A neighbor tells me that the occupants of the house have been problematic for a long time. She reports drugs, dogs, chickens and fights. Perhaps these kinds of law enforcement efforts will help eradicate the Halbert Park and other gang/drug dealer problems. I will report more as I know it.

Dogs & Chickens, oh no!

Eagerly awaiting some real information....

Yikes, I don't want that kind of action in the hood. I don't see any clips online at the chron yet, anyone see something on local news?

My neighbor who reported it to me and lives in the next block of Aurora from where it occurred, called KHOU. THey told her they knew what was happening but could not tell her and advised her to stay in her house.

Another neighbor, same block and street contacted an FBI friend of hers, he told her he did not know what it was about but heard alot of radio traffic regarding taking several individuals to the federal detention center.

As soon as I know more, I will report.

Dogs & Chickens, oh no!

Eagerly awaiting some real information....

HA! That wasn't very clear of me. My neighbor in trying to report that the occupants of the house have been problem neighbors was saying that they keep chickens, dogs (she implied vicious), and drugs. I don't think the chickens and the dogs were involved in the action this morning.

ATF means there's way more going on than just a few kilos of cocaine, pot and the usual handguns associated with street level dealing.

My first guess is gun running to Mexico. But that's just because it's headline news.

I facebooked about it, and somebody asked, "so it wasn't you cooking speed in your garage?"

It'll be interesting to see what it's about. I wondered if it isn't something city, state or countrywide going on. Every now and then they bust coyotes in the area, but that would involve ICE.

I can't find the story. Was it on any local news tonight?

Could have been this operation.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho....104514064.html

Federal indictments. Drugs, guns. FBI involved. If firearm trafficking is involved, you may see ATF. The article says "North Houston". The way Houston news station give directions, who knows if Aurora fits that description.

• The title was changed to Halbert Park At 200 E. 23rd St.